How safe is Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How safe is Mexico?

Thinking about booking a trip to Cancun for Memorial Weekend and staying at a resort close to the airport. Wife's having second thoughts on how safe it will be since we haven't been in 10 years.... anybody been lately and how safe would/did you feel going?

I’ve gone every year for at least 15 years. I’d say much safer than Chicago or Detroit. Don’t go look for trouble and it won’t find you

Comment

We go every year also and have never had any trouble. We don't venture out at night and stay on resort most of the time. The excursions we have had, have good reviews through trip advisor.

Comment

Been countless times and have booked this year taking my kids (7&3). Never an issue. Like said above don’t look for trouble and you won’t find any. Offered drugs a few times, but just said no thanks and off they go. Just a way of life, they don’t want bad attention so I’ve never felt the slightest uneasy.

Have fun

Comment

We also go every year. We take a private charter from the airport to our resort and have never had an issue or felt unsafe at any time. Statistically it's much safer than driving thru any big us city at night on the bad side of town. Like others said don't go looking for trouble and you will be fine.

Comment

Just came back last week. It’s perfectly safe. Go enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
              I’ve gone every year for at least 15 years. I’d say much safer than Chicago or Detroit. Don’t go look for trouble and it won’t find you
              This... Border is dangerous, fly way over it

You can get in just as much trouble in South dallas

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                This... Border is dangerous, fly way over it

You can get in just as much trouble in South dallas

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. We're looking to go to the Haven Riveria in Cancun (just opened in Oct. 2018)... anybody recommend other resorts to stay?

Comment

Fly to Cancun with my family and others last couple of years. Rent cars and drive hr south of Cancun to Tulum. Never have problems.

Comment

You’ll be completely fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
                        Fly to Cancun with my family and others last couple of years. Rent cars and drive hr south of Cancun to Tulum. Never have problems.

This. Go check out Tulum. It’s a cool town with some cool stuff and great food. Usually try to stay a night there on our way back to the airport from fishing.

Comment

Headed to Mayan Riviera in July. Airport to resort. I don’t leave except when the wife goes to spa I’ll go to play golf at Hard Rock. Not least I’ve worded. Been many many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We will be staying at the Excellence Playa Mujeres In June. Went last year and had a blast. No problems...and I'm the most paranoid guy you will see when it comes to leaving the country.

Comment

Just got back from there. Felt very safe and wouldn’t hesitate on going again.

Comment

Working...
                              X