Airbags on F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbags on F150

Has anybody installed airbags on their F150?
    I have a 2014 ecoboost with a level kit and when hooking up my boat the back end sags pretty good. Looking to to put airbags on it to level it out and looking for recommendations. I have heard good things about the firestone systems and called a shop that sells / installs them and they actually recommended the Air-Lift systems over the firestone.

Any first hand experience on either system on a 1/2 ton truck

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that boat, was just looking at your build thread the other day.

I have a set of Firestone's on a 2015 and love em. I run 10-15 pounds when empty which seems to give the best ride. I've loaded two 55 gallon drums of water plus corn or protein with no problem.

A boat like that wouldn't need more then 25-30 pounds to maintain a good ride. I wish I had done the kit with an onboard air pump but it's double the money. I may add it anyway.

Comment

I have the Airlift "Ride Control" bags on my 2015 F150 that has also been leveled. Love it. I haul a John Deere 4520 with FEL and bush hong on a heavy pipe top "Big Tex" trailer, a Rockwood 30 ft travel trailer, and a Sea Hunt BX24 all completely level.

The "Loadlifter 5000" will give you more lifting capacity but a rougher unloaded ride. The "Ride Control" will level 2000# which is plenty considering my max payload is 1800 anyway.

I went with the onboard compressor and in-cab analog controller. I recommend both highly. I can play with the pressure going down the road to get it just right.

Comment

Ecoboost with airbags is perfect for towing 12k and less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          Love that boat, was just looking at your build thread the other day.

I have a set of Firestone's on a 2015 and love em. I run 10-15 pounds when empty which seems to give the best ride. I've loaded two 55 gallon drums of water plus corn or protein with no problem.

A boat like that wouldn't need more then 25-30 pounds to maintain a good ride. I wish I had done the kit with an onboard air pump but it's double the money. I may add it anyway.

Thank you,
          Definitely want the onboard compressor, and the Air lift system has a wireless remote which I like the concept if it works. That way don’t have to worry about installing a gauge and switch inside the truck

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            I have the Airlift "Ride Control" bags on my 2015 F150 that has also been leveled. Love it. I haul a John Deere 4520 with FEL and bush hong on a heavy pipe top "Big Tex" trailer, a Rockwood 30 ft travel trailer, and a Sea Hunt BX24 all completely level.

The "Loadlifter 5000" will give you more lifting capacity but a rougher unloaded ride. The "Ride Control" will level 2000# which is plenty considering my max payload is 1800 anyway.

I went with the onboard compressor and in-cab analog controller. I recommend both highly. I can play with the pressure going down the road to get it just right.

Great info, thanks

Comment

There’s a reason they come from the factory with a rake to them (actually more than one). [emoji41]

The air bags will fix your sagging issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had airlift on my tahoe with compressor. After about 3 years the bags had pinholes and it leaked down with time. Customer service was top notch and covered under warranty shipping included, very easy to replace. I would buy again. Definitely get an on board compressor.

Comment

I have had the load lifter 5000 and like said above its a rougher unloaded ride. Now the ride control with on board compressor and remote on my new truck are the perfect setup. Very easy to install yourself as well.

Comment

Airbags on F150

You may try moving your boat back on the trailer. A few inches goes a long way. You can move the bow stop back 2-3” and then retrained it and see if it helps. Airbags will help no doubt

Comment

I put a set on myself in my garage- took like 3 hrs and totally worth the ride
                      I can haul my 20ft flatbed with my old project 3/4 ton 81 Chevy on it and rides smooth and level

They are air lift brand and same brand I ran on my old truck with zero problems

Comment

No help on the airbags, but kudos on the Whaler! Nice looking boat!

Comment

Working...
                        X