School me on ATV/UTV Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on ATV/UTV Tires

I've never bought UTV tires before. I use my FIL's Ranger around the ranch, and after plugging 7 holes in 1 tire (no idea what I ran over), I decided I might try to get him a set of tires for Christmas. Not sure if they would be for his benefit or mine, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, are there certain brands that at better than others? I don't know that he has ever replaced them. A lot of immature mesquites on our place, which I'm guessing is one of the main culprits, so I'm thinking a higher ply, but what is the ply range on utv tires? Does 4-8 ply sound right? And as far as pricing, I'm guessing CL and FB Marketplace could be my friend? Just looking for some input from the GS.

Obviously it depends on your terrain. I bought Kenda Bear Claw Radials. They are a great all around terrain purchase. I travel a ton of mud and muck, which does dry out. They work fine for me.

Other people buy super aggressive tread. They work great except for back the next day when I wake up. Lol [emoji23] got a set of mudders on another Atv I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wheel size will determine your options

Comment

Nebraska tire company - mug gear tire - can run tire flat due to big claws if need be

Comment

Shop for Tires, like Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We have the best prices on dirt bike, atv and motorcycle parts, apparel and accessories and offer excellent customer service.

I went with these this time, great tire so far from south Texas to northern Newmexico, zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
            Wheel size will determine your options
            25x10x12- Fronts
            25x11x12- Rears

Comment

Essex are pretty much run flat tires assuming you can stick a hole in one.

Comment

Put the higher grade tire sealant in just about any tire and do just fine. For general durability, would start around a 6 ply.

Comment

best ATV tire I have ever seen on a UTV. They are 10ply and we have put them to some serious test running over cactus, big thorn bushes, cedars, mesquite.... you name it!

Comment

Following

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Essex Run flats if you do not want to ever worry about tires again - have run them for years in South Texas through rough terrain and thorns -

Comment

Thanks guys! Lots of good stuff. This may be a dumb questions, but does the sealent last forever? Or should we be "re-sludging" every year?

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Essex run flat tires. I could drive over just about anything with zero concern.

Comment

In and following.
                            a friend of mine has enough atv to need about 100 tires. I noticed they all have the Kendal bear claws on them.

Comment

I run Tusk 10ply radials on mine. have held up so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X