Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Weird Things at the Ranch...Pamela Anderson was there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Weird Things at the Ranch...Pamela Anderson was there!

Late last week, we rotated one of the herds to a fresh pasture. As we always do, we left the gates open between the two pastures in case any new babies that have been hidden by momma get left behind as she moves “to greener pastures.”

Well, on Sunday, my nephew and his daughter were out leisurely riding horses after a long day of work. As they strolled through the recently vacated pasture, they unknowingly stumbled across a calf hiding in the tall grass. The calf spooked and ran, haphazardly plowing through the fence of yet another adjoining pasture...and kept on running.

Now that momma had no avenue to reach her calf, it became imperative that we find it and reunite it with momma. My nephew called out reinforcements, and here we all came--on tractors, on Mules, on ATVs--all looking for this calf. After a couple of hours and several passes through the pastures, she was finally spotted. She had lain down in the tall grass once again...and was fast asleep.

Rather than try to rope her (and turn the whole thing into a rodeo in a pasture large enough to give the calf a huge advantage), my nephew was able to sneak up behind her and get the drop on her. Even though she was only a day or two old, she was a big ‘un and, after tying her up (me), it took two of the men to get her into the bed of the Mule. Even with her legs tied, she fought like a champ (atta girl!). Since the bed of the Mule was so small, only one of the men could ride with her and it was my nephew who drew the short straw. As he struggled to keep her down, our foreman, Bruce, hollered, “You’re gonna have to jump on her like she’s Jeniffer Aniston and ride her like she’s Pamela Anderson or she's gonna jump out!”

And so it was that this little blonde calf became known as Pamela Anderson. She was quickly reunited with her mother and both have finally joined up with the herd. Bruce reports that Pamela Anderson is happy and eating and, he say's, is filling out quite well!
    Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 05-25-2021, 10:31 AM.

Sure needed a good pick me up post, thank you

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Is your nephew nicknamed Tommy Lee?

Comment

Better get the herd bull some protection.

Comment

At the beginning of reading that I was going to ask if Worksalot is your nephew but after reading the entire thing it wasn't weird enough.

Comment

LOL, Awesome stuff!!

Comment

that's a great story

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                At the beginning of reading that I was going to ask if Worksalot is your nephew but after reading the entire thing it wasn't weird enough.

[emoji23] Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Title got my attention

Comment

Thanks for keeping us abreast of this otherwise udderly mundane post! I think of lot of us needed to be lifted and supported by some good ol' cowgirl humor.

Comment

LOL! Love It!

Comment

I laughed out loud on this!!

Comment

Same, but I still wound up at the same result! God bless 'em, when you're dabbling in the cattle biz, you gotta constantly remind people that you're in the cattle biz!

Comment

Ha! Ha! IDK I kinda think both been tossed more than John Waynes Rifle!

Comment

Working...
                              X