• Show
Clear All

Rad Rover Electric Bike Review

Click image for larger version

Name:	DEC87F06-6172-4938-BA59-F5D9555D2286.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	25186518

Last year I got the electric bike bug and purchased a Rad Rover fat tire E bike.

My objective was to get something that I could get to and from my stands at my lease outside Christoval. After one year I’m still very impressed with the bike. It actually gets me to the stand quicker than either my old Jeep XJ or my Tundra truck. The bike handles the rough rocky roads very well and so far no issues with the bike at all. The battery charge lasts me all day and easily charges over night. I’ve added a front and rear rack to carry a small soft cooler and misc other stuff. Also added a holder for my iPhone and can enjoy tunes while riding. When hunting, I strap my bow onto my backpack and off I go.

The front suspension is tunable and the 4” fat tires really give you good traction. I really like that I can pedal and have some assist from the motor or just use the motor with no pedaling. The bike handles the rocky and hilly west Texas terrain with no problems.

While I have had no falls at the lease, I did have a pretty good one this spring where I went over the bars after hitting a rut. The bike took it well, me not so much....two black eyes, knocked out a filling and probably a small concussion.

Overall, I’m very happy with the bike, it’s performance and durability. If your interested in an E bike, you won’t be disappointed in a rad rover. But do wear a helmet

Our RadRover fat tire electric bikes are built for off-road riding with pedal assist for all-terrain, outdoor adventures. Add a rack and bags to carry your gear.

Cool post.

I've thought about getting one just for riding around here. The hills kill my knees when I ride my bike. A buddy of mine told me about the eBike and said you can set it up to just assists mode. So, when you're struggling to get up hills, the motor kicks in and can assist at the level you set it.

He had to get one to keep up with his kiddo's bike high school bike Team. He said it made a big difference.

Comment

How well does it do in sand?

Comment

Thanks for the update Jeff. You said you strap your bow on your backpack - is there room on the handlebars for the clamp-on bow/gun rack like you put on an ATV?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Thanks for the update Jeff. You said you strap your bow on your backpack - is there room on the handlebars for the clamp-on bow/gun rack like you put on an ATV?
          Not with the iPhone holder on mine, but I bet you could rig one up though.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
            How well does it do in sand?
            I’ve not ridden it in sand yet. Our lease is hard packed dirt, gravel and rock. I’d think the 4” tires would help a lot in sand.

Comment

Falls? Humpy, you sound like you have the same results I do on "two wheels" . But I still get back in the saddle, just like riding a horse.

Been thinking about one of these a few months ago. Then I started riding "one of my bikes" again back in June. Still might get an E-bike some day though.

Comment

Do you have to go up any decent hills? We have a pretty good hill to climb out of camp.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Do you have to go up any decent hills? We have a pretty good hill to climb out of camp.
                  I have about 100 ft of elevation change but no real tough hills. I can make all of the little hills without any pedaling. With pedaling and the motor engaged, you should be able to take most inclines without a problem.

Comment

I like it. Opening gates would be much easier, other than bump gates. Lol

I think it will make a big difference in your deer movement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      I like it. Opening gates would be much easier, other than bump gates. Lol

I think it will make a big difference in your deer movement.
                      Lucky for me, no bump gates on the place.

The bike lets you get to your area in stealth mode and the only noise you hear is the crunch of the tire on the road gravel.

Comment

Interested in one as well. nice and quiet.

Comment

I have the same bike and absolutely love it. Last year when it was so wet I was the only person that could get to certain stands, all our trucks and the jeep were getting stuck. I would drive the low land then when I hit the 3 foot deep mud puddles I walked the bike around them I have two small issues that I was able to overcome. One the headlight is really narrow so I purchased a wide lens headlamp that I were when riding back in the dark, I would ride without a light on but their are skunks everywhere where I hunt. Issue two, I had two flat tires on the first three rides even with the green slime in them. I ended up using green slime in conjunction with the Mr. Tuffy Bike tire liners and they stopped the mesquite and other prickers so far. It's been over a year since I did that and no flats yet. I really like mine because I can ride it right up to my tripod and lay it down under it and cover it with camo burlap, I've seen noticeably more deer since using it, I think it's because I'm not blowing them out of the area on the drive in.

Comment

Originally posted by wisco-hunter View Post
                            I have the same bike and absolutely love it. Last year when it was so wet I was the only person that could get to certain stands, all our trucks and the jeep were getting stuck. I would drive the low land then when I hit the 3 foot deep mud puddles I walked the bike around them I have two small issues that I was able to overcome. One the headlight is really narrow so I purchased a wide lens headlamp that I were when riding back in the dark, I would ride without a light on but their are skunks everywhere where I hunt. Issue two, I had two flat tires on the first three rides even with the green slime in them. I ended up using green slime in conjunction with the Mr. Tuffy Bike tire liners and they stopped the mesquite and other prickers so far. It's been over a year since I did that and no flats yet. I really like mine because I can ride it right up to my tripod and lay it down under it and cover it with camo burlap, I've seen noticeably more deer since using it, I think it's because I'm not blowing them out of the area on the drive in.
                            I haven’t had any flats yet. I was looking at a tubeless setup but will look at the liners.

Comment

Thank you ! I need a electic tricycle for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X