If you havent killed a buck yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you havent killed a buck yet?

What are your plans to get one on the ground this late in the season?
    Preferably asking bowhunters. But anyone can play

Here in Etx in my past experince it doesnt get good until Now till Christmas.

To many acorns in our area. I gotta think we will hit another hard cold snap in next few weeks to get them out.

Comment

Our season is just getting started good down south. Pre-rut/rut just now kicking off.

Comment

Corn a really long sendero, have the range finder ready and let er rip!

Comment

We don't see any till Christmas.

Comment

As dclifton said, lots of acorns and too warm. They’re wearing their winter coats and aren’t gonna move much in 75* weather. They sure aren’t coming to feeders. They are slowly coming back to food plots but very early or very late. If we can get some colder weather maybe I’ll get lucky. If not I’ll have to break out the .50 caliber Encore.

Comment

I'm hoping to get STGS drunk enough this weekend for him to let me shoot one.

Comment

MLD. Ain’t even tried yet. Waiting till later this month lol

Comment

Sitting until one comes through that makes me want to kill it

As far as the acorns go...our trees are still loaded, and it sounds like rain on every roof around the farm. It isn't bothering me, I'm glad the deer have plenty to eat

Late season usually brings a few big boys cruising down the creek, looking for the odd lady who didn't get bred in the first couple of rounds of the rut. So time spent in the seat is my plan

Comment

The deer that were nocturnal are now making appearances in the late morning to early afternoon here in North Texas. They aren't hitting feeders either. Hopefully I can setup on one of their travel corridors and hunt late morning to early afternoon.

Comment

We have not seen a shooter buck on camera at our little place since early October - not at feeders, not on trails, nowhere. So, it's not much of a plan but my strategy is to spend as much time as I can in the stand and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        I'm hoping to get STGS drunk enough this weekend for him to let me shoot one.
                        I'm hoping to get Texastaxi drunk enough to mistakenly invite me!

Comment

Keep hunting. Spending more time scouting during these warm day hunts than sitting in the stand. Found some good spots in the Sam with plenty of sign. Not too many people hitting the general area and Im just going further through thicker stuff than I think most will go. Without blowing up the spot. Found some bedding. Just need the cold and a few days during the week to nail em.

Comment

I already got one but normally I try to focus on hunting feeders near our food plots late season. We have had some bucks show up the past week or so that we haven't seen on camera in a couple months, nice to know some of them are still alive, we also have deer hitting feeders all times of day, if schedule permits sit for a while.

Comment

I haven't shot a thing this year other than a pig in August and a couple dove. We've been covered in sports. Planning to change that this weekend and a bunch during the holidays with my boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X