Small Tire Disposal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Tire Disposal?

I have about 30 riding lawnmower tires (some with wheels) that I need to dispose of. Where is the cheapest place to take them in the Arlington/Burleson/Fort Worth area? I got one price of $2.75 per tire and that seems high for such a small tire.

Have you checked Walmart?

Comment

Burn them at the campfire at the deer camp always a big hit at ours.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

just sneak one a week in your local trash pick up.

Comment

See if you have a Liberty Tire Recycling near you. They charge by the pound.

Comment

If they are in any type of usable shape, even slow leaks, post them on CL. Someone may take them just for the wheel, someone may need a tire to limp along if it holds air for a while. I bet you can get the stack whittled down quick.

Comment

Cut them up and spray some paint on them and sell them for $40 each take the money and buy hunting stuff.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cut the sidewalls off and throw them in the trash.
                Throughout the different dumpster companies we've used over the years, they have never had a problem with us throwing tires in the dumpster as long as we cut out the sidewalls.

We just use a sawzall and run it around each side cutting the sidewalls out takes maybe 10 minutes for both sides on a full sized tire. Those small tires aren't easy to get off the rim, but you will probably have to get them off the rim at some point anyway.

Comment

I'm busy trying to rebuild a house, I just want them gone. Y'all are more than welcome to come get them and sell or make something out of them. I was thinking they would be great for fish habitat.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    I'm busy trying to rebuild a house, I just want them gone. Y'all are more than welcome to come get them and sell or make something out of them. I was thinking they would be great for fish habitat.
                    That was my first thought fish structure

Comment

Working...
                    X