TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Another Year ? (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845637)

RickBarbee 06-27-2022 12:59 PM

Another Year ?
 
1 Attachment(s)
What y'all think ?

Give him one more year ? :D

Rick

Walker 06-27-2022 01:14 PM

My rule of thumb is "if you can see tusks on a live hog. He's big enough."

Bdub25 06-27-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker (Post 16276474)
My rule of thumb is "if you can see tusks on a live hog. He's big enough."

My rule of thumb is, if you can see a live hog, he's big enough

Bisch 06-27-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub25 (Post 16276480)
My rule of thumb is, if you can see a live hog, he's big enough


This^^^^^^^

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RickBarbee 06-27-2022 03:35 PM

Rest assured - if I am there when he is there, he'll be taking a dirt nap.

May never see him again either. Never know with these older boar.

Rick

BillyJack1975 06-27-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisch (Post 16276533)
This^^^^^^^

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Agreed 100%

DRT 06-27-2022 09:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw a pretty good one this weekend. Teeth are getting pretty nice too.[emoji2]Attachment 1093389Attachment 1093390

He's not camera shy though.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

BillyJack1975 06-27-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 16277201)
I saw a pretty good one this weekend. Teeth are getting pretty nice too.[emoji2]Attachment 1093389Attachment 1093390

He's not camera shy though.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Thatís Pretty dang cool!

DRT 06-27-2022 10:41 PM

Rick and our places aren't far apart. Unfortunately we are not seeing our usual numbers of pigs.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

SJP51 06-28-2022 05:21 AM

My rule of thumb is if it's a live hog it should be a dead hog.

BlessedVeteran0305 07-13-2022 03:09 PM

If it's black it's time to whack, if it's spot give it the red dot, if it's brown it's down. Hogs of course 😁

SaintBlaise 07-13-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 16277201)
I saw a pretty good one this weekend. Teeth are getting pretty nice too.[emoji2]Attachment 1093389Attachment 1093390

He's not camera shy though.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

What's the story with Arnold?

DRT 07-13-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlaise (Post 16297985)
What's the story with Arnold?

Moses was an orphan we found in the front yard. Scrawny and about dead. Umbilical cord still on him.
The guy hunting with me, Fr. Benjamin our pastor, insisted I save it after I suggested crushing it's skull on a tree.
So I took him home, fed him with a medicine dropper and nursed him back to health. Few weeks later I cut him and he lives in the 12 acres around the ranch house. Found him August 8th 2020.
He's some pig.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

txtrophy85 07-20-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 16298613)
Moses was an orphan we found in the front yard. Scrawny and about dead. Umbilical cord still on him.
The guy hunting with me, Fr. Benjamin our pastor, insisted I save it after I suggested crushing it's skull on a tree.
So I took him home, fed him with a medicine dropper and nursed him back to health. Few weeks later I cut him and he lives in the 12 acres around the ranch house. Found him August 8th 2020.
He's some pig.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Pigs are highly intelligent, they supposedly have the cognitive ability of a 3 year old Human.


I would love to have a pet hog.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com