Tuna out of Venice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuna out of Venice

With fuel so high and everything costing more just curious how much a 8-10 hour tuna trip out of Venice is costing these days.

And are boats charging a fuel charge or rolling that into the price here along our coastline?

Not sure what trips are running, but yo7 can check websites for costs.

When it comes to fuel, they will typically fill up when you get back and hand you the bill to pay.

Don’t expect the pay $ / gallon you see everywhere else either.

Last time we went we ran just under 200 gallons of gas if I remember right.
    Last edited by Greenheadless; 06-18-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Trips are usually Trip cost plus fuel.
      So varies on what rig you fish on and how many miles you run.

The majority of charters fill up at the dock while you unload and clean fish. So charter trip, plus fuel and tip

Comment

Fish Venice told me they are using between 150 and 200 gallons a trip on a 36' Contender. MGFC is averaging about 250 gallons. The fuel cost is in addition to the price of the trip.

Fish Venice used to charge $2200 all inclusive a couple years back. They have since change their price to $2100 plus fuel costs.
        Last edited by Fargus; 06-18-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

and gas at the marina is running $6.50-7/gal. Throw in tip and you’re at 4 grand for a day trip

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            Fish Venice told me they are using between 150 and 200 gallons a trip on a 36' Contender. MGFC is averaging about 250 gallons. The fuel cost is in addition to the price of the trip.

Fish Venice used to charge $2200 all inclusive a couple years back. They have since change their price to $2100 plus fuel costs.
            This is what we were quoted earlier this week. We booked 2 days and were told to expect to pay about $800 a day for fuel.

Comment

I listened to Mike Jeffcoat who is a Guide in Venice this Morning on the radio. He said most trips are about $5,000 total.

Comment

I just booked an off shore trip our of Islamorada and several charters are charging a fuel surcharge.

Comment

We were there about a month ago and saw a guy go up to pay a $2,000 fuel bill ��. We fished for reds and did pretty good. 1 day with a guide, then 5 days on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                    This is what we were quoted earlier this week. We booked 2 days and were told to expect to pay about $800 a day for fuel.
                    We did a trip last year and burned 240 gallons and bill was almost $1k…(was told $600 was average) even at 150 gallons you are looking at $1200 for on the water fillups.

Comment

Just got back. 3000 for the boat plus gas. Was 2800 until gas at the dock gets above 5.75. It was 5.76 when we filled up back the dock at cypress cove marina I believe. It was about 5000 grand total plus tip. Plenty of fish though. This was with paradise outfitters.
                      Attached Files

Comment

5k for a 8 hour fishing trip? Holy freaking nuts!

I thought it was bad when they raised it to $1,200 including fuel.

How much are the 48 hour party boats now?

Comment

Find a trip running diesel engines. They shouldn't be paying road tax on fuel.

That's what the chandeluer Islands guys are doing anyway

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

just remember; there is no road tax on boat fuel.
                            so figure it out.

Comment

Filled up a Sportfisher today on Rockport. It was 5.19 a gallon on diesel and gas was $7

Comment

Working...
                              X