Found 16 ga. ammo, finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found 16 ga. ammo, finally

So we went to Cabela's today, could not find the scope rings I wanted a Academy, so we took off to Buda. While there, I looked at their ammo. They have a lot, lots of selection. F'ing high prices.

They have two two types of 16 ga. ammo. The cheap stuff, is $30 a box. The other stuff is flat insane. $58 a box. I would bet my 16 ga. shotgun probably only cost $50 brand new.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 11-20-2022, 09:22 AM.

Cheaper to get a ticket for shooting lead at those prices !

Good lord that's high

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      I would bet my 16 ga. shotgun probably only cost $50 brand new.
      Mine too since it was made right around 1900 or so. I ordered a case of dove loads in 16 gauge this week for $15 per box.

The price on that bismuth stuff is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
        Mine too since it was made right around 1900 or so. I ordered a case of dove loads in 16 gauge this week for $15 per box.

The price on that bismuth stuff is crazy.
        I have given up on finding some 16 ga. bird shot, this year. I still have some, but I am being careful what I do with the few boxes I have left.

Comment

I bought some at Walmart for around $15 a box.

Comment

Holy smokes!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Last place I've seen it too. Small town Wal Mart where 16ga can't be a big seller

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                A year and a half ago, that's where I was finding 16 ga. ammo, even when there was no 12 ga. ammo on the shelves. So I was going around to different Wal-Marts in the area and building up a decent little stash. For at least the last year, I have not seen any, till about a month ago. I found some Remington Express Long Range, which that is my favorite stuff, love that stuff in 6 shot. I found two boxes, just assumed it should be 6 shot, got it home and saw that both boxes are 4 shot. Oh well, I can fin a purpose for it. Those were the only two boxes I have seen in over a year, till I went to Cabela's Sunday.

I started looking at the price tags on the shelves, at Wal-Marts in the area, lately. Just to see, if they have still been stocking 16 ga. and I am just missing the stuff. I looked at all of the price tags on all of the shelves, where they keep shotgun ammo, no 16 ga. listed at all. I don't know if the local managers are not ordering any 16 ga. or if they just can't get any.

The last time I was seeing 16 ga. on the shelves at Wal-Mart, I think it was $12, to $13 a box, depending on what shells they were.

Comment

The Atwood’s in Crowley (S Fort Worth) has Federal 7.5 on the shelf.

Comment

I think I will throw rocks at em before I spent $57 a box on shotgun shells. That said, I have been able to find some online in the $15-$19 per box for 7.5. Will make you think twice about firing off that 3rd shot and a high flying dove.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      I think I will throw rocks at em before I spent $57 a box on shotgun shells. That said, I have been able to find some online in the $15-$19 per box for 7.5. Will make you think twice about firing off that 3rd shot and a high flying dove.

We used to kid a buddy about shooting 3 times every time. He always said you can't eat the shells!! LOL!
                      Honestly, in the whole picture shells are the cheapest part of the hunt. Look at everyone driving their big truck pulling a ranger & complaining about a 10 - 15 dollar a box of shells.

Comment

Pretty certain I saw 16ga and 28 ga yesterday at Walmart. Shoot me a pm

Comment

Good lord. I'm glad I stocked up years ago when the stuff was easier to find.

Comment

Working...
                          X