Gas Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Grills

I know I know, real men don't use gas grills.

When it comes to gas grills, is it Weber or nothing? I'm having some heart burn spending that kind of dough on one, but I know it would last with a little care. Any other decent grills that are a little less harsh on the pocket book? I seen a Kenmore that didn't look too bad. But I know nothing about them. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think WEBER has gotten way over priced
    Look for something with stainless guts and it will last especially if you take the time to cover it. Quite a few out there that fit the bill at way less money
    Take a look at the three embers at tractor supply, guessing you may be able to get a deal on one today and save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was in same boat as you. We cook on gas grill 3-4 days a week and use a side burner as well. Weber with side burner starts at 800 bucks. I bought a 3 embers from TSC when they put them on sale 100 bucks off. They had them 120 off for fathers day. Ive been VERY happy with the purchase. Something like 10 year warranty and I believe I saw someone here post theyre family members own the business.

also didn't think I would like the glass front and that it would fog up and get dirty. Ive gone through a 20lb bottle and cooked burgers to fish and its still clear as a bell. For one reason or another this grill seems far more efficient on gas than my previous of the same size

Comment

When I bought my house 10 years ago it had a outdoor natural gas grill from the 70's. I honestly didn't think it would world but after I put a new cooking grid on it it fired right up. Its a Jacuzzi. Honestly impressed with how well it has held up over the years. Long story short I believe that brand is now known as Summerset. Give em a look over.

Comment

IMO a cover is the most important factor. just keep it covered after every use and you're good!

Comment

I have a Weber for sale that’s really nice at half the price of retail

Comment

The high end Charbroil grills are pretty nice. I had one for years, and its stainless grates/burners never did wear out. After I got my griddle, just never used it. 'bout 2 weeks ago I loaded it in the back of my truck and hauled it to work so the boys could use it in the shop... IF I ever wanted another grill, I'd buy another one. It was a 4 burner grill with a side burner and all stainless panels on the cabinet... but it wasn't cheap either.

Comment

Wait till September and they should go on sale. I bought a stainless 3 burner Weber for 350 last year.

Comment

Our last one was one of the cheaper char broil ones from Lowe’s. I was not impressed with the quality, for the price. It fell apart after a couple years sitting on our covered patio.

Most recent purchase was a members mark brand from Sams club. Much more heavy duty construction on the lid and grates, and all around higher quality for the money. Been in the same spot as the last one for over 2 years, and is holding up much better. The instructions were complete trash though, I have never been so angry trying to assemble something in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    The high end Charbroil grills are pretty nice. I had one for years, and its stainless grates/burners never did wear out. After I got my griddle, just never used it. 'bout 2 weeks ago I loaded it in the back of my truck and hauled it to work so the boys could use it in the shop... IF I ever wanted another grill, I'd buy another one. It was a 4 burner grill with a side burner and all stainless panels on the cabinet... but it wasn't cheap either.
                    I've had a Charbroil rolling for 6+ years with no issues other than changing the grates out once when they got too dirty. Cheap to change em and it works every time no issues. I did just build a pool and outdoor kitchen and dropped in a natural gas LION grill, it is really nice with lots of features like quick sear, rotisserie, and even a griddle I can take grates out and use on half the grill. Happy with it so far

Comment

I just bought a Weber summit for 300 bucks off Facebook marketplace. It’ll last long enough I hope.

Comment

I have been using a smaller nexgrill brand for 3 years. It’s starting to act up but still works. It was less than $150. I’ve seen my FIL go through expensive ones and cheap ones and he says buy the cheapest one you can get. Use it for a couple years and throw it away and buy another.

Comment

Keep your eye on Craigslist for a Weber. People move and sell them all the time very cheap.

Comment

I haven’t used my gas grill since I got my pellet grill and my griddle

I know I’m of not help and that isn’t what you asked

Comment

I got an RV works Cajun broiler for Father's Day last year and it's awesome!! I don't care to cook a steak on a gas grill anymore. Took a while to figure out burgers and chicken and hot dogs but I don't see me ever getting another gas grill again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X