TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rodeo in a Pup-Up (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749133)

splitfinger 11-11-2019 10:29 PM

Rodeo in a Pup-Up

1 Attachment(s)
So I had about an hour before dark this afternoon to sit in my Pop-up behind the house. I no sooner sat down and got situated when 2 adult does with yearlings came to the feeder at 16 yards. I had thrown hand corn to about 12 yards in front of me and a yearling button buck fed on this corn broadside but he was much too small and not what I was looking for. Hoping one of the larger does would come within range when the cold front hit like a hurricane and they ran off before any arrow could be loosed. About 5 minutes later the rodeo began.

My swivel chair pedestal was bolted to a piece of plywood and not secured to the floor as the picture below shows. I guess over time the wood had softened to the point where the screws holding the pedestal and seat separated from the wood and I didn't know it. I leaned back just a bit and before I knew it I was falling backwards taking the pop-up with me out of the back of the platform. Fortunately for me, the platform was only about 2 feet high and I fell backward, took the pop-up with me and tumbled to the ground. Shaken but not injured I thought the new Rhino blind was destroyed just like my pride but it only lost a couple of corner straps. I set everything back, picked up my gear and went to the house.

Be safe out there. Accidents happen when you least expect them.

Gherkin05 11-11-2019 10:49 PM

Crazy! Glad your okay.

DRT 11-11-2019 11:12 PM

Glad you weren't up higher.

Gary

AggieRod 11-11-2019 11:33 PM

Glad you are ok.

Wudstix 11-13-2019 12:39 PM

Yikes!!!

Bisch 11-13-2019 02:09 PM

Dang! Glad you are OK!!! I bet you looked around to make sure no one witnessed that before you even checked to see if you were hurt!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jerp 11-13-2019 02:16 PM

I have that exact same chair set-up in several of my blinds - a boat pedestal screwed to a piece of plywood. They have been out in the weather a long time, I guess I better check them out!

Drycreek3189 11-13-2019 02:20 PM

I have a buddy that’s pretty short and he puts a pallet in there to set his chair on. You know what happened, one leg got off the pallet and azz over tea kettle he went. We laughed, him....not so much.:D

Briar Friar 11-16-2019 12:41 AM

Did you holler Whoa Mule or Whoa Rhino on the way down? Im glad your unscathed.

Regardless of rotted wood...I like your swivel boat seat setup.

sierracharlie338 11-16-2019 01:04 AM

Daggum glad you weren’t higher up

Sierracharlie out…