Old sled gets new riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old sled gets new riders

I got this for Christmas when I was 7-8 so it’s around 55 years old. (I grew up in Tulsa- we got 2-3 good snowfalls a year) When I saw the forecast I got it out of the attic and gave it a coat of linseed oil then offered to lend it to the kids next door. It will be cool to see it flying down the hills again - great memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jerp; 02-14-2021, 10:54 AM.

Apparently that was the same Christmas I got a wood burning set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Older than mine, 47 yrs old.

Comment

Very cook

Comment

What a great story, I still have mine. Its about as old as yours. I grew up in Borger on a street with a good hill. Post a pic of the neighbors on it if you get a chance.

Comment

Awesome stuff!!
            About 6-7 years ago I took my wife and kids to Wyoming in the spring and we went sledding. They loved it so much before we left I went to the local hardware store and bought every sled they had. ( 8 in total I think) Now when it snows we go to a hill that everybody goes to and we loan out the sleds to the kids that don’t have one. Going to dig them out of the shop later today.
            Good times ahead !!!!

Comment

Looks to be in great shape! I had one, no idea where it is. The tornado may have got it.

Comment

Yes! I grew up sledding on one of those...it was my old mans when he was a kid. Thrill Hill in Brownwood by the country club was the spot.

Then we moved...
                One of my fondest memories is being a new kid in a new town and my old man pulling me around the local high school parking lot with a lariat rope tied to the sled and the truck hitch...this was before we found the local massive hill where a pipeline had a clear cut through the woods.

Very nice of you to share the sled Jerp.

Comment

That’s awesome!! That’s when sleds were built to last.

Comment

I grew up the with the same. Mine is out in my garage. I'm 55 and received it as a Christmas gift when I was around 5-7. Good thing Mom & Pop hung on to it! It hasn't seen a lot of action, due to the lack of snow/ice in these parts. But with the last two snow falls, my grandson is getting some "nostalgic action". lol

It's nice to see others out there that have theirs in their possession also.

Comment

Looks like something Harry Bailey would be riding 😉😄

Comment

Great gesture! Not many neighbors do stuff like this anymore. My neighbors were like another set of grandparents when I was a teenager.

Comment

Wow amazing! Good on you brother!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, those were fun. Lots of hills where I grew up so I spent many hours on one of those!

Comment

Used one many times in So. Dakota pulling the fishing equipment on the frozen lakes. Wish I still had mine. Memories though...

Comment

Working...
                              X