Name the critter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the critter

No signs of tunnels. I sprayed for grubs last year and the mole problem went away so I already sprayed again this year. Me and my neighbor have these dirt piles popping up. A few new ones each morning down close to the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dem be Gophers

Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-18-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

Dadgum gophers!

Comment

I have no idea what it is but I bet a gopher trap would come in handy.

Comment

Name the critter

Guess maybe there is a tunnel between piles then but I can’t see it. I will put a spike trap out there tonight.

Pretty funny that I have a gopher problem at the same time I’m constructing a putting green. Will post that in the DIY thread when done.

Last edited by TexaRican; 03-18-2023, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              ^^^^this

Comment

Make your own. https://youtu.be/7zPnTtF0Wk8

Comment

Spike trap is for moles, you have gophers

Gopher Hawk is a good trap but they are pricey last time I looked

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    Guess maybe there is a tunnel between piles then but I can’t see it. I will put a spike trap out there tonight.

Pretty funny that I have a gopher problem at the same time I’m constructing a putting green. Will post that in the DIY thread when done.

Yeah, spike trap ain’t gonna work. If you dig up where the dirt pile is, you’ll find the tunnels. Then set a gopher trap just inside the tunnel. Or you can just grab a lawn chair and wait. When it starts to close up the hole, pop it in the head with a 22.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Yeah, spike trap ain’t gonna work. If you dig up where the dirt pile is, you’ll find the tunnels. Then set a gopher trap just inside the tunnel. Or you can just grab a lawn chair and wait. When it starts to close up the hole, pop it in the head with a 22.
                      Don't laugh but I read somewhere recently that an inch piece of Juicy Fruit gum will kill them. They can't digest the gum.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        The last one I killed was with a Randall Raider .45 ACP, but I guess a .22 will work. Not nearly as dramatic (or traumatic) to the gopher though !

Comment

I have them bad .Barely missed one with a pitch fork

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stick a water hose in the hole, drink beer and wait with loaded shotgun.

Comment

Get the Rodent Blaster. That'll get anything and everything in that tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                              X