2022 APR TBH Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 APR TBH Deal?

Any word on if this is gonna happen and timing?

G.

It’s a little bit early to be worrying about it yet but yes, I’m quite sure this will continue to happen. It’s a great service that APR provides for us here & I for one hope that it’s actually becoming somewhat of a tradition.

I believe that APR is experiencing the benefits of their good work through rapid growth & I’m sure the crew at the shop has pretty much been hammered with by the demands that brings as of late.

I bet if we sit back & wait patiently Robert will come out with his annual intro thread for this years group build event...
    Dangit, now you’ve got me all excited with the anticipation! ����

Comment

Think they are still working on the rest of last years builds.

Comment

I'm sure they will roll something out now that we are 22.5 hours into 2022!

I have to imagine that the continued scarcity and long lead times on components will play a major role in what gets offered, the options available, and certainly the deposit.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.

Comment

I’d buy an APR Classic Hunter tomorrow if you offer a TBH special on it.

Comment

Sounds like a good offer. I’d be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to yet. Its usually based around something new or different that hits the market combined with some significant cost savings wherever I can find it. I haven't seen anything really ground breaking this year and price increases have already hit, or will be coming on a lot of components this year. And, yes....lead times are going to stretch on a lot of things just like they did last year. I'd like to avoid those components if possible, but it will also limit our options.

If the past is any indication, we'll go through a whole bunch of cool ideas but ultimately end up at a lighter weight hunting rifle concept for most. I'll feel bad for a few folks who really wanted a chassis platform and throw in an option for that at the last minute(although there is a great option here this year). Haha. All of the options will be a great value, but will be priced much higher than the old Remington based builds we did years ago which will exclude a lot of folks from being able to participate. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way around that yet. Anyway, that's a lot to go through just to end up at the same place we've ended up the last several years.

Knowing all of that......and knowing I have solid relationships and delivery schedules with Defiance, AG composites, Proof Research and Brux is coming on line quickly to fill the gaps Muller can't keep up with........does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year? Those rifles already have a discount built into them, so a TBH deal on top of that would go even further. It would allow for multiple platform options and price points for everyone participating. Component delivery times and actual build times would be much more predictable and palatable as well.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on that idea, or any other ideas on what ya'll would like to see.
                Thanks for taking the time to reply and outline the info - I’d def be interested in hearing more about a TBH deal on your production rifles.

G.
                Last edited by gneimeth; 01-02-2022, 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That sounds like a very good idea. Will give many more options for everyone and a range of budgets

Comment

Very interested

Comment

Interested!!

Comment

Integrally surppresed rifle would be sweet

Comment

Yep, I’d get a maverick or hunter myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            does it just make more sense to offer a significant TBH discount on our existing production rifles this year?
                            I think that is a wonderful idea that I probably wouldn’t be able to turn down!

Hmm so will I build the 280AI I have been talking about for years but keep doing something else or will I do something else again.

Comment

Love this idea of a TBH discount. Great thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X