Please help me and answer quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me and answer quick

I just walked up on some deer at 40-50 yds feeding on corn on public land. The were in a blind spot and I didn’t see them so I thought I’d get up and walk around. What is the likelihood of them coming back if I sit till 2-3pm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent odds i would say, try to not get winded

Comment

50/50 they either are or they aren’t there are so many other factors that can determine what those deer do. Like other hunters on public land

Comment

Corn on public land? Thought it was illegal

Comment

I’d get away from it. Last thing you need is a GW walking up on you hunting over bait. Whether or not you put it out (on all public land I’ve heard of) it’s still illegal to hunt over it.

Comment

You see corn on public land walk away from it and clear the area. It is illegal in just about every public land.

Comment

Actually, Many public hunts (draw hunts) you can hunt over corn, I've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                Actually, Many public hunts (draw hunts) you can hunt over corn, I've done it.

OP didn’t say drawn hunt

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  OP didn’t say drawn hunt

didn't say it wasn't

some public land is off limits to baiting ... some allow it

Comment

Illegal or not, the op didnt put the corn out so he would probably be intruding on someones elses spot. You'd all be hollering to high heaven if somebody came in on your spot.

Comment

There are some public lands that allow baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

didn't say it wasn't

some public land is off limits to baiting ... some allow it
                        Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                        There are some public lands that allow baiting.

This is correct. It all depends on the type of public land someone's hunting. And where the land is and what is allowed on it. I know of lands that do allow it. Some of those lands are not draw hunt lands. And lands that don't. Been hunting public most of my life.

And for ethics sake, Walker's post above is correct (if it's not the OP's corn).

And to answer the OP's question: I doubt they will be back before 3PM. It will probably be around dark before they try to come back to it.

Comment

If it's illegal to bait there, GTFO, it ain't worth the ticket!

If it's legal and not yours...it *IS* public land BUT a bit of a D-Move to poach someone else's spot.

Comment

7i & 7k

Planning to go scout tomorrow. Haven't been able to get ahold of an officer on the phone yet. We drew 7 I & K. Just wondering if anyone knows what area of 7 that's going to be. I'm also terribly curious how many total guns will be on Unit 7 during our hunt. If anyone has any info from a previous hunt and/or a conversation with an officer, I'd appreciate anything you can share.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellllll View Post
                              Planning to go scout tomorrow. Haven't been able to get ahold of an officer on the phone yet. We drew 7 I & K. Just wondering if anyone knows what area of 7 that's going to be. I'm also terribly curious how many total guns will be on Unit 7 during our hunt. If anyone has any info from a previous hunt and/or a conversation with an officer, I'd appreciate anything you can share.
                              It would help if you mentioned what public land you are hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X