Stock Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Photos

Been wondering how many people sell stock photos and if they earn enough money.

I just started loading wildlife photos on Shutterstock so its something totally new for me, if you have any tips please share.

Thanks.

You have to contribute quite a few photos to make any money at it. That being said, a ton of companies need stock photography for their content creation (blogs, marketing materials, white papers, etc.).

I think the best strategy would be to figure out what kinds of images the market wants. This includes thinking outside the box.

If you like wildlife, try to offer unique photos. There are tons of pictures of deer just standing there, or in your case plains game. Try taking photos of them doing something out of the ordinary (fighting, playing, swimming, etc.).

Comment

One more thing. Be aware of how negative space in your photos can be used. For example, an image of an animal with a a big blue sky around it is more useful than an image of the same animal with a busy background. Graphic designers can add text and logos to the picture with blue sky. The image with a busy background would be useless to them.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bort, its all things that needs to take into consideration when taking photos, with wildlife you have to do it in split seconds as they dont stand around and wait for you.

I have been lucky enough to get photos on the front page of a magazine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagging this thread. I've always kicked around the idea of doing something like that with some of my shots, but just haven't researched enough to figure out where to post some of mine. There are several photographers that post in here regularly that should be selling their shots if they aren't already

Comment

Photos of live animals are impressive and beautiful. For such it is necessary and takes money! Photos of the killed trophies are a bit sad and not so amazing.

Comment

Here is a link to my Shutterstock profile...

Please let me know what you think and possibly how I can go about making people more aware ...

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X