TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rand new 3D shoot this summer - The Bob Lee Memorial Shoot (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803571)

Bisch 03-12-2021 11:31 PM

Rand new 3D shoot this summer - The Bob Lee Memorial Shoot
 
The Brazos County Archery Club will be hosting a new all traditional shoot this summer.

The 1st Annual Bob Lee Memorial shoot will be held June 19th & 20th, 2021. See attached flyer for more details!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1ff5315891.jpg

Hope to see everyone there!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Javy 03-13-2021 05:45 AM

Thanks Bisch for starting this thread.

Brazos County Archery Club (BCAC) and the Bob Lee family would like to announce the first annual Bob Lee Memorial shoot honoring a great man in the archery industry and a family man who touched many lives.

I am looking forward to getting this up and running. As a new shoot I welcome any and all suggestions that you might have. You may contact me, David Bailey at (979)828-5047.
A link to shoot will be available in the near future at brazosvalleyarcheryclub.com.

Vendors are welcome and may contact Dianne Massey at (512) 595-4793.

Thanks to everyone. Looking forward to seeing you and hearing your comments.

ballgame 03-13-2021 05:59 AM

��

Briar Friar 03-13-2021 10:55 AM

Cool! I hope to make it.
Thanks for posting this Bisch.

SJP51 03-13-2021 07:33 PM

You shoot for 2-days?

SJP51 03-13-2021 07:36 PM

Got it on my calendar!

Javy 03-13-2021 07:48 PM

Yes shoot Saturday and Sunday

Bisch 03-20-2021 02:51 AM

Pushing this back to the top to make sure everyone sees it!!!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Randy Madden 03-21-2021 04:12 PM

I plan on being there!

DRT 03-21-2021 04:40 PM

That's my 35th wedding anniversary. I'll probably be there.[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

76aggie 03-23-2021 11:07 AM

Bring your bride Gary.

Javy 03-23-2021 08:11 PM

We’ll get you guys a cake full of candles.

DRT 03-23-2021 08:47 PM

I spent my 30th camped on a mountain top in New Mexico with my scout troop.
She understands I ain't worth a dam.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Skunklady 04-14-2021 12:28 PM

Excellent. Looking forward to this event.

smokin feathers 04-14-2021 02:02 PM

Plan on making it for sure

Hunter Todd 04-17-2021 03:14 PM

I'm gonna try to make this for sure.

CamoQuest 04-23-2021 03:39 PM

Here is the new flyer for the Bob Lee Memorial shoot...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e2eccf58ff.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CamoQuest 05-14-2021 04:20 PM

This is one of the awards for the shoot. It stands a little over 12Ē, I believe. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9248616078.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisch 05-14-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoQuest (Post 15617528)
This is one of the awards for the shoot. It stands a little over 12Ē, I believe. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9248616078.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Very nice!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wudstix 05-19-2021 10:11 AM

Perhaps I can incorporate this into a visit with my daughter at Tx A&M

Tradhunter97 05-24-2021 09:58 AM

Definitely planning on making this one. Looking forward to it!

BillyJack1975 05-24-2021 01:16 PM

I take it that TBOT rules apply, no fixed crawl etc allowed for score?

CamoQuest 05-24-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyJack1975 (Post 15632296)
I take it that TBOT rules apply, no fixed crawl etc allowed for score?

Yes sir, they are using TBoT rules for this one. At least one finger touching the nock.

SwampGhost 05-25-2021 06:30 AM

I’m going to be in Houston that weekend, will bring my bow and try to make it one day to shoot!

CamoQuest 05-25-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampGhost (Post 15633539)
I’m going to be in Houston that weekend, will bring my bow and try to make it one day to shoot!

What fun! Our guys should appreciate a good dose of Louisiana humor! �� Daniel is nodding his head, then said uh-oh, better protect all the prizes! Lol!

SwampGhost 05-25-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoQuest (Post 15633560)
What fun! Our guys should appreciate a good dose of Louisiana humor! �� Daniel is nodding his head, then said uh-oh, better protect all the prizes! Lol!


We enjoyed shooting with you and Daniel, Iím just glad your not shooting in my class!
I hope we didnt cut up to much! lol

andreww5001 06-09-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoQuest (Post 15632617)
Yes sir, they are using TBoT rules for this one. At least one finger touching the nock.


Iím pretty new to the Trad world. I just started shooting and hunting with one last year. I saw that someone made mention that there is no fixed crawl allowed. I would have zero allusions of winning an award. Iíd just love the experience, target practice, and enjoy being able to talk Trad stuff with other people. Could I come shoot with my fixed crawl and not necessarily be shooting to enter the competition? Iíd only be able to shoot on Saturday anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJP51 06-09-2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreww5001 (Post 15654351)
I’m pretty new to the Trad world. I just started shooting and hunting with one last year. I saw that someone made mention that there is no fixed crawl allowed. I would have zero allusions of winning an award. I’d just love the experience, target practice, and enjoy being able to talk Trad stuff with other people. Could I come shoot with my fixed crawl and not necessarily be shooting to enter the competition? I’d only be able to shoot on Saturday anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% certain, but most 3D shoots allow folks to shoot "fun rounds" that are not for competition. Only caveate being that the competitors get to shoot first if there is lots of folks. Even then, after a "competitor" finishes they often shoot another round just for fun.

Call the number on the Contact Info in the first post.

My bow is being repaired and hopefully in my hands before the shoot. Hope to see ya'.

BillyJack1975 06-09-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreww5001 (Post 15654351)
Iím pretty new to the Trad world. I just started shooting and hunting with one last year. I saw that someone made mention that there is no fixed crawl allowed. I would have zero allusions of winning an award. Iíd just love the experience, target practice, and enjoy being able to talk Trad stuff with other people. Could I come shoot with my fixed crawl and not necessarily be shooting to enter the competition? Iíd only be able to shoot on Saturday anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Andrew, that was me posting about if fixed crawl was permitted. Some shoots will allow it and youíll be placed in a division like bare bow. Others will not, but you can shoot a fun round not for official score, like in TBOT shoots. Iím actually in the process of taking off my training wheels (fixed crawl) and have been shooting strictly 3 under (instinctive), finger touching the nock all week with good success. I like the fixed crawl but itís not good for my limbs, I can feel and hear the stress itís putting on my bow limbs (itís loud). While Iím fairly accurate shooting the crawl, ive opted to get away from doing it and from here on out will be shooting 100% instinctive. Thereís too many good competitions I wouldnít be allowed to shoot if I didnít make the change.

CamoQuest 06-09-2021 08:05 AM

Andrew, come on out and have fun. Pretty sure myself or my husband will be helping with registration, but if not, tell them Julie said you were welcome to shoot for no score.

CamoQuest 06-09-2021 08:08 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2d4619d41c.jpg

In addition to the best overall awards, these are being given as class awards, for all the different classes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NKL 06-09-2021 10:34 AM

Wish I was able to make it! Had the pleasure or meeting Mr. Lee and him signing my custom recurve a few years back. A true legend.

Trumpkin 06-09-2021 12:07 PM

I'm going to come to this provided nothing urgent pops up.

BillyJack1975 06-09-2021 07:07 PM

Why is Deep South Texas so **** far away?

Bisch 06-09-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyJack1975 (Post 15655527)
Why is Deep South Texas so **** far away?



I doubt itís any farther away than way west TX where I live, and Iíll be there. Just all depends on how bad you want to play!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BillyJack1975 06-10-2021 08:26 AM

I’d be there but I’m hunting the 17th and 18th and have to be in Huntsville for work the following Monday and Tuesday. Don’t think the wife would to be by herself for 6 day. I could be wrong though… lol

CamoQuest 06-10-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyJack1975 (Post 15656057)
Iíd be there but Iím hunting the 17th and 18th and have to be in Huntsville for work the following Monday and Tuesday. Donít think the wife would to be by herself for 6 day. I could be wrong thoughÖ lol

One of these days weíll have to meet her. She could come hang out with us if you are working over this way.

Randy Madden 06-11-2021 01:29 PM

Dang, I didnít realize itís on fatherís day weekend.
I may try to come down Friday evening and shoot Saturday. Be home Sunday

Bisch 06-11-2021 01:36 PM

Hope to see ya there Randy!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DRT 06-11-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisch (Post 15655561)
I doubt itís any farther away than way west TX where I live, and Iíll be there. Just all depends on how bad you want to play!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd rather make money. I'll play during hunting season when it counts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ballgame 06-15-2021 02:49 PM

what time does this shoot start?

Skunklady 06-15-2021 04:32 PM

Looking forward to this Bob Lee Memorial! Will be so fun!

CamoQuest 06-15-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgame (Post 15662682)
what time does this shoot start?

The course will officially open at 8am, but if everything is ready at 7:30, shooters can go out as soon as they register.

SJP51 06-17-2021 05:16 AM

My new handle is not ready, so I picked up the limbs from Rob. Got them stuck on my other BL handle, got a string rigged up, and the Franken-bow is sending them down range.

I got a 2-day pass from my wife, so I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning!

CamoQuest 06-17-2021 08:20 AM

I thought I shared this earlier, but now I'm not seeing the post. Anyway, the Sleep Inn and Suites at 2825 North Earl Rudder Freeway in Bryan is offering a discount on rooms booked for shooters participating in the Bob Lee Memorial, thru choicehotels.com. Angela is the contact rep, and the number for the hotel is (979)485-5577. The Sleep Inn is at the corner of Hwy 6 and FM 2818, and is less than a 10 minute drive from the range.

CamoQuest 06-17-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJP51 (Post 15664939)
My new handle is not ready, so I picked up the limbs from Rob. Got them stuck on my other BL handle, got a string rigged up, and the Franken-bow is sending them down range.

I got a 2-day pass from my wife, so I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning!

Glad to see you'll be able to make it!

CamoQuest 06-17-2021 08:40 AM

Counting down the days...

Folks, bring your bug spray and/or Thermacell. I think they are going to fog the lanes today or tomorrow, but with all the recent rain, the mosquitoes are the size of hummingbirds and fairly aggressive. Not much we can do in some areas, as thick as the brush is.

There will be bottled water in coolers every 5-6 targets, but you might bring a bottle to start out with. Make sure you are staying hydrated!

Randy Madden 06-17-2021 09:42 AM

Well, not gonna make it. Just got word that my daughter and grandkids will be here Saturday morning to spend the weekend with us for fatherís day!
Iím way more excited to spend time with them than yíall anyways!
:D:D:D
Have fun, shoot straight, and donít get to hot!!

Trumpkin 06-17-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Madden (Post 15665261)
Well, not gonna make it. Just got word that my daughter and grandkids will be here Saturday morning to spend the weekend with us for fatherís day!
Iím way more excited to spend time with them than yíall anyways!
:D:D:D
Have fun, shoot straight, and donít get to hot!!

Bummer to miss you. But that sounds way better than shooting silly little bows with a bunch of sweaty, stinky hunters.

Trumpkin 06-17-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoQuest (Post 15665136)
Counting down the days...

Folks, bring your bug spray and/or Thermacell. I think they are going to fog the lanes today or tomorrow, but with all the recent rain, the mosquitoes are the size of hummingbirds and fairly aggressive. Not much we can do in some areas, as thick as the brush is.

There will be bottled water in coolers every 5-6 targets, but you might bring a bottle to start out with. Make sure you are staying hydrated!

Thanks for the warning about mosquitos!

Is this standard TBoT shoot fees?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com