Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hog Hunting this Weekend - White Oak/Wright Patman or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting this Weekend - White Oak/Wright Patman or other?

I have a group of 9 that planned a hog hunt to White Oak Creek / Wright Patman this weekend but the water levels seem pretty high. Any boots on the ground that can validate if its viable to hit that area right now? Not asking for spots, just trying to see if there is enough dry ground to hunt it. My normal hog hunting location is currently under water/unavailable to hunt...

If that is not an option, we are also looking into the following areas, but there seems to be very little info. We would all be rifle hunting and most are prior military (not worried about terrain etc, just water levels). We want to spot and stalk.

For these three, I just do not know the hog population and was hoping someone could chime in.

Bannister WMA - Not much info, spoke with one person who suggested it had a decent hog population.

Alabama Creek - Had good feedback that the area was heavily wooded/tough to hunt. some hogs but not as thick as above places.

Caddo National (ladonia/bonham area) - Decent feedback and spots from an aerial perspective, but no idea on pressure/hog population.

I’ll tell you I haven’t been to white oak in a few years but it floods

I was at caddo last week put in 4 mi and this week 7 mi and did not see anything that just had me super excited that i was going to see a hog
    Yes there was tracks an rioting but nothing super fresh that I would of set on to hunt

Comment

Thanks Swamphunterfw.

The game warden or person that administers the WMA called me back this AM. Sounds like there should be enough land to hunt, just a matter of putting boots on the ground.

Comment

Working...
      X