• Show
Clear All

Texas Hunters & Sportsmans Expo

McAllen next week. Anyone coming?

crickets...

Comment

If i wasnt working id go.

Comment

First of the regular shows since 2019 for me. I sure hope some folks show up.

Comment

I’ll be working. But sounds like fun.
          I hope some folks get a chance to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If last night was any indication today is going to be amazing.
            Folks are ready to be back to normal.
            More than 50% are wearing masked I’d guess.
            It was a big deal to the locals to miss it last year and they are showing up in force.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              It was a big deal to the locals to miss it last year and they are showing up in force.
              That is great to hear. Good luck and hope you sell lots of product today

Comment

How's the sunday crowd...heard it's been shoulder to shoulder past two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Great, lots of cabin fever built up for a lot of folks, how about today?

Comment

The crowds were good. I wouldn't say it was shoulder to shoulder but I think they may have been limiting the number allowed in at a time. As a measure of sale only it ended up average to a little below.
                    It felt good to be back to normal and enjoyed seeing a bunch of familiar faces and meeting a bunch of good folk.
                    Worth the trip for sure however, I think I'll make it an every other year gig for me since it's such a long way down.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know how it was. I was thinking about presenting at the show this year.

I will see you on the TTHA circuit in a few weeks.

Comment

see you there

Comment

It was a great show for us. Sales were way above from the last time we did the show in McAllen. Hopefully the TTHA shows will be as good.

Comment

I was on my way Sunday afternoon (seems to be traditionally the slowest time) & got a call the line was pretty long & limiting entrance so decided against it.

The owner Chris will be picking up a gun in the next few weeks so I'll pick his brain for past comparisons...I know missing due to covid was pretty painful for all involved.

Comment

Glad to hear it was successful! I have known the Curl family since back in the 90's when Jerry Curl got them started. At one time, he was producing several shows a year and a Spring show on South Padre. I did several seminars a day on rattling whitetails and calling predators. Great times!
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X