2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Been busy chasing ducks and deer so I’m way behind in getting this one going but my hunting is over now! Should fish 4-5 days in the next week and a half! If your after a big fish now is the time!

Get em boys!

Ran a trip on LOP today. I had a young fellow catch a couple of hammers
    CAT tournament shou7be great this year
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to that young man! That's a hoss!

Comment

I'm glad to see the new 2021 crappie thread, just in time for my new Livescope. I installed it yesterday using separate 20 volt cordless drill battery to the GPSMAP 8612xsv and another one for the Livescope black box. For anyone asking if Garmin will be putting out a new and improved version of Livescope, now I can guarantee that they will. It should be any day now, after I made my purchase. LOL
        Now that I have it 90% installed, the weather forecast is calling for snow and freezing temperatures today. I guess I could still go to try it out, we'll see.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          I'm glad to see the new 2021 crappie thread, just in time for my new Livescope. I installed it yesterday using separate 20 volt cordless drill battery to the GPSMAP 8612xsv and another one for the Livescope black box. For anyone asking if Garmin will be putting out a new and improved version of Livescope, now I can guarantee that they will. It should be any day now, after I made my purchase. LOL
          Now that I have it 90% installed, the weather forecast is calling for snow and freezing temperatures today. I guess I could still go to try it out, we'll see.

That Livescope is some super cool technology! I've only experienced it on one fishing outing (a VERY successful outing), but good golly, I swear, I could make out the whiskers on a large catfish 20 ft deep! Enjoy that game changing and expensive ice chest-filling tool!
          Last edited by sandbill; 01-10-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I've gone with 2 guides with Livescope and it's amazing technology. I'm hoping I can catch Crappie with it.

Comment

I have always been a bay fisherman. Do you all know a good crappie guide at sam Rayburn or toldeo bend? Would love to take my wife out fishing for some crappie. Never done it before. We have a deer camp near toledo we can stay at reason I mentioned those lakes. I heard they are good eating.

Comment

Keith, I've always had great success crappie fishing when it's snowing.

Course, that was inside a fishing barge.

Comment

My old jig man passed away yesterday. Got the cal this morning. RIP Pappy. He’s been in bad shape for years and I wasn’t surprised when I got the call. Hate to hear it but hopefully him and Bob are sacking em up today. I’m about done with the birds! The crappie better hide!!

Slew

Comment

I got the oil [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've gone with 2 guides with Livescope and it's amazing technology. I'm hoping I can catch Crappie with it.

According to some you can’t catch crappie without it.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Keith, I've always had great success crappie fishing when it's snowing.

Course, that was inside a fishing barge.
                        I just called my father-in-law and he doesn't want to go fishing this afternoon. My boys don't want to go today.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Let's see pics of your setup. My biggest advice is do not stare at the screen too long. Just cause you see them doesn't mean they will bite. Best move quickly to find aggressive fish. That 12 inch screen ought a look great!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Nice. Let's see pics of your setup. My biggest advice is do not stare at the screen too long. Just cause you see them doesn't mean they will bite. Best move quickly to find aggressive fish. That 12 inch screen ought a look great!

LOL, you saw my old boat at the TBH crappie get together on Lake Fork in 2019. My electronics are worth about 5 times what my boat is worth. LOL I rigged it up redneck style with 2X4 and 2X6 lumber, to avoid drilling any holes in the fiberglass. I wired them up with 20 volt DeWalt batteries to power the 8612 and one for the Livescope. I plan to upgrade my boat this year, in fact I have been looking, but used boats are outrageous right now.

Comment

LOL, you saw my old boat at the TBH crappie get together on Lake Fork in 2019. My electronics are worth about 5 times what my boat is worth. LOL I rigged it up redneck style with 2X4 and 2X6 lumber, to avoid drilling any holes in the fiberglass. I wired them up with 20 volt DeWalt batteries to power the 8612 and one for the Livescope. I plan to upgrade my boat this year, in fact I have been looking, but used boats are outrageous right now.

Keith, could you tell me more about the Dewalt 20v battery hookups? I've never heard of that. But could see where the 12v lithium would make since they are used on yaks.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-11-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X