6.7 Heater Sender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.7 Heater Sender?

Check engine light came on and took it to the dealer and they say the heater sender in the DEF tank needs to be replaced.. $1040 plus tax. I picked up the truck without them fixing it. Has anyone fixed it themselves or paid for a diesel mechanic to fix it? What did you pay?

Don’t worry about it. Chevy and ford both use the crappy designed heater and pump.

Comment

Delete it all

Comment

Mine had the same code. I looked into doing it myself and it didnt look fun. Have to drop the tank, pull the heater off the top and replace. Looked to take a few hours. Instead of doing that, which seems to be a common problem that occurs often, i decided to permanently fix the problem by deleting the truck.

Comment

I just had the same problem with my 2016 Chevy 2500hd High Country. Check engine light came on and speed reducer activated. It said 99 miles to 65 mph limit.

Fortunately it was covered by warranty.

They never did figure it out. They never did fixed it. They changed the DEF tank twice.

As long as it the temp is above freezing there was no problem.

I had them clear the code and went traded it for a RAM.

Comment

Delete it. Best thing I ever did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Ford customer service and open a complaint. I had the same thing happen about 1000 mi outside of the emissions warranty and they covered most of the cost

Comment

I have a 14 6.7 and had the same code come in,Ford has done a extension on the warranty,so I just got my truck back and Ford covered it

Comment

I just deleted mine for same reason 1700$ and getting rid of that stuff and better fuel mileage.

Comment

Kinda unrelated to the heater but my dodge 2500 Cummins def pump went out and at 82k miles. Warranty went out at 80k miles. Quoted me $2700 to replace pump and filter. They said they’d good faith warranty it when I had a fit but said it would be 6 weeks for the filter to come in. I asked them to replace the pump and regen the filter. They said nope and expected me to wait with no truck for 6 weeks. I paid the diagnostic. Picked up my truck and deleted all that crap. Best thing I could’ve done. Truck runs great and gets 18-21 mpg all the time depending on if I am in town or on highway. If I run 90+mph for an extended period of time. It gets over 21 mpg. The harder it runs the better.

Comment

Delete delete DELETE!!! For the much you can get it deleted, or Atleast be dang close. You will not regret it!!!

Comment

I had the same issue on my 2012 6.7. Dealer repaired it and shortly after that I received a letter in the mail from ford saying they are extending coverage on it. I called the dealer that repaired it and they mailed me a refund check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How much am I looking at to delete it?

Comment

Following

Comment

Mine was $1200 to delete. Nothing fancy but it ran so much better and no def.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X