TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   North to Michigan Part III (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827648)

3ChordTruth 11-23-2021 08:22 PM

Good luck tomorrow, hunt hard and stay positive. ;)b

texashunter 11-24-2021 06:09 PM

Well the hunting portion of our trip is over, no deer. I guess we are a little disappointed that we didnít kill anything, but we had a nice relaxing time in the woods. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d7854e24e1.jpg
To say there is some hunting pressure would be an understatement. All these orange tags are on trees going into the public land, which is across the road from where we hunted.
I found this beer, so I guess in honor of the great George Costanza, Happy Festivus!!
We are going to enjoy a good thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with friends then head back to Texas on Friday.
Thanks to you guys that followed along, sorry we couldnít get any LDPís.
Maybe next time!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2539abc914.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoytbowhunter 11-24-2021 06:56 PM

Always next year, have a happy thanksgiving, safe travels back to Texas.

texan16 11-24-2021 07:15 PM

Be safe on the road!!

texashunter 11-24-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoytbowhunter (Post 15954797)
Always next year, have a happy thanksgiving, safe travels back to Texas.


Thanks Sir!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texashunter 11-24-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan16 (Post 15954833)
Be safe on the road!!


Thanks Bryan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landrover 11-24-2021 08:24 PM

Just catching up! I enjoy the road trips and meeting folks as much as the bowhunting. I am sure you guys are the same!!

Killer 11-24-2021 08:31 PM

Loved the pics

McPatrickClan 11-24-2021 09:26 PM

Thanks for sharing God bless

3ChordTruth 11-24-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texashunter (Post 15954736)
Well the hunting portion of our trip is over, no deer. I guess we are a little disappointed that we didnít kill anything, but we had a nice relaxing time in the woods. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d7854e24e1.jpg
To say there is some hunting pressure would be an understatement. All these orange tags are on trees going into the public land, which is across the road from where we hunted.
I found this beer, so I guess in honor of the great George Costanza, Happy Festivus!!
We are going to enjoy a good thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with friends then head back to Texas on Friday.
Thanks to you guys that followed along, sorry we couldnít get any LDPís.
Maybe next time!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2539abc914.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan, thanks for taking us along on your Michigan hunting trip. A great story and great pics this time, and you will get those LDPs next time for sure. Also, congratulations on enjoying that Ale without having to participate in any feats of strength. Poor George had to wrestle and pin his own father before he could celebrate the Holiday. Travel back to TX safely, and wishing you and your wife a Happy Festivus for the rest of us! :) ;)b

texashunter 11-25-2021 08:08 AM

;)b
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoytbowhunter (Post 15954797)
Always next year, have a happy thanksgiving, safe travels back to Texas.


texashunter 11-25-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landrover (Post 15954967)
Just catching up! I enjoy the road trips and meeting folks as much as the bowhunting. I am sure you guys are the same!!

The road trips and hunting people are the best to meet. Itís disappointing when you donít kill anything, but doesnít ruin a good hunting get away. Thanks for taking us with you on all of your epic trips Landrover, you do a great job!

texashunter 11-25-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ChordTruth (Post 15955178)
Alan, thanks for taking us along on your Michigan hunting trip. A great story and great pics this time, and you will get those LDPs next time for sure. Also, congratulations on enjoying that Ale without having to participate in any feats of strength. Poor George had to wrestle and pin his own father before he could celebrate the Holiday. Travel back to TX safely, and wishing you and your wife a Happy Festivus for the rest of us! :) ;)b

Haha, It has been a while, I forgot the details of Georgeís Festivus celebration, luckily for my Dad, heís back in Texas. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

texashunter 11-25-2021 08:19 AM

;)b
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 15954986)
Loved the pics


Landrover 11-25-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ChordTruth (Post 15955178)
Alan, thanks for taking us along on your Michigan hunting trip. A great story and great pics this time, and you will get those LDPs next time for sure. Also, congratulations on enjoying that Ale without having to participate in any feats of strength. Poor George had to wrestle and pin his own father before he could celebrate the Holiday. Travel back to TX safely, and wishing you and your wife a Happy Festivus for the rest of us! :) ;)b

Bwahahaha!!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Greatest episode ever.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

texashunter 11-26-2021 07:11 AM

Had a cool going away gift last night, not the deer we were hoping for, but a nice snow. Made for a relaxing Thanksgiving evening with a nice drink. My host was kind enough to put my truck in the garage so we could load it and be ready to roll this morning.
Adios Michigan
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...10d44066f5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...37ce9b8398.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d76976b6bb.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas452 11-26-2021 07:41 AM

The pictures my old buddy would send me looked like awesome deer country.
What I enjoyed the most is the stories he would tell about his deer hunting adventures and the falling out he would have with family and friends over deer hunting.
It was hilarious. He was a great story teller and I could listen to him all day.
Y’all have a safe trip home.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com