TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Velocity 3lb or Geissele 2 stage (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715627)

Easttxhunterr 12-07-2018 10:44 AM

Velocity 3lb or Geissele 2 stage

finally getting around to a trigger upgrade. Is there any advantage of having a 2 stage over a single? seems to me the dual would seem like a long pull.

sectxag06 12-07-2018 10:50 AM

i absolutely love me Geissele 2 stage. but, i don't a lot of rapid fire shooting.

ultralite09 12-07-2018 01:12 PM

I'm not an expert by any means but to me personally I feel like 2 stage triggers are mostly used in precision shooting, it's really not all that long of a pull depending on the manufacturer you buy from.

That being said, I dont have a two stage trigger on any of my rifles except for 2 savages with the accu-trigger.

My main AR has the drop in 3.5 flat trigger from POF and I absolutely love it. My "precision" AR has the geissele 2/2 2 stage in it. I love both but of the two I think I like my single stage more

trjones87 12-07-2018 01:43 PM

never messed with the 2 stage but i took off my geiselle 3g and replaced it with the velocity. love it

Vap 12-07-2018 06:47 PM

Love my velocity

RifleBowPistol 12-07-2018 09:01 PM

I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.

trophy8 12-07-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol (Post 13844161)
I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.

Are you trying to see how many times you can say trigger in one post? Lol

Never even heard of velocity. But geiselle is top notch.

dagdog 12-07-2018 10:18 PM

I like and use the Geissele two stage triggers. It helps me by keeping my focus on the shot and my breathing. Also if we get into a bunch of hogs and just start blasting I don’t even notice the two stage pull.

Walker 12-07-2018 10:29 PM

Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.

Triple 000 Buck 12-07-2018 10:32 PM

Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and canít be beat at this price!
I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!

NaClH2O_therapy 12-08-2018 12:01 AM

Trigger

1 Attachment(s)
My thoughts on single stage vs two stage triggers.
If i am building a long range target rifle then two stage is better. You can have super light trigger pull with the added safety of having the pre-travel before then the break at the back wall of first stage.
If I am building a competition style , pig shooting rifle ect... where I want fast shooting easy double-taps ect. I like the single stage trigger.

I've got a velocity 3# trigger in this 18" barrel mid length gas, Frankenstein build I did last year. Love the trigger. Every part down to the pins and springs in this rifle was hand selected and purchased separately.

The price on that 2 stage larue trigger posted above seems like an excellent deal, I will suggest it to may son, he is starting a list to build a 6.5 Creedmoor

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

patwilson 12-08-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple 000 Buck (Post 13844292)
Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and canít be beat at this price!

I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!

I put this in our AR and itís very nice. For the price imo I donít think you can beat it.

Easttxhunterr 12-10-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker (Post 13844288)
Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.

Yes sir. DPMS Oracle .308

Easttxhunterr 01-22-2019 10:27 AM

thanks for the info on the Larue guys. I am very happy with it. Shot 1" group at 200yds on Saturday in those crazy winds

Fmjag64 01-22-2019 10:47 AM

Geissele SSA or SSA-E

sectxag06 01-22-2019 11:18 AM

LaRue MBT-2S shipped today. I'll give an honest review comparing to my Geissele's when I get the chance. I have the SSA-E and the lower priced G2S.

Kind of hoping this LaRue matches up. would be nice to spend less than 100 bucks on a trigger.

Hoytbowhunter 01-22-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vap (Post 13843926)
Love my velocity

^^^^^ this

Easttxhunterr 01-22-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sectxag06 (Post 13943658)
LaRue MBT-2S shipped today. I'll give an honest review comparing to my Geissele's when I get the chance. I have the SSA-E and the lower priced G2S.

Kind of hoping this LaRue matches up. would be nice to spend less than 100 bucks on a trigger.

no experience with the others suggested but the larue is night and day. Of course anything thing probably is coming from mil spec

WTJim 01-22-2019 04:52 PM

Have a Geissele SSA-E in my 6.5G and love it. Have a Larue MBT on backorder now. I prefer 2 stage for hunting

Deadfall65 01-22-2019 06:09 PM

I also have the Geissele SSAE 2 stage triggers in 3 of my ARs and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebelbow 01-22-2019 06:24 PM

i have a RRA single stage on my AR love it