Shoulder tendon tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder tendon tear

After a 30 minute ultra sound, I now know why my shoulder has been giving me problems for what seems like forever. I have at least one tendon and maybe more with a tear. Not separated from a bone, but longways completely thru the tendon. Waiting to hear from the Orthopedic Doc.

My bow season may be over before it starts!

dang, man. Sorry to hear that!

Comment

Sorry to hear...I'm typing this while wearing a sling. SLAP tear repair last week Thursday...fortunately I got really lucky and the tear was minor enough I only need the sling for 10 days but my bow season is still shot. Missed bow season 2 years ago when I had the same thing happen on my other shoulder (only more severe). I guess I have the matching set now.

Comment

I’m right there with you... I’ve got a pretty much complete reconstruction scheduled for October 12 - labrum, biceps, rotator and A/C joint. Sucks to miss most of the season, but with as much pain and discomfort as I’m in, I’m ready to get it done. I can’t even get a decent night of sleep right now.

Comment

That’s some bad news for sure, sorry to hear about your shoulder tendon. Never a good time for this type injury, but right before the season starts is the worst time for a bowhunter. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Shoulder injuries are a pain, I know.

On another note, my dyslexia had me reading your thread title as Shoulder Tenderloin tear.

Comment

Sorry to hear about you shoulder. Get you a crossbow with a crank.

Comment

Dang sure hate to hear that Doug get you a crossbow or wheel gun and hunt your same setups.

Beats sitting at the house

Comment

What were your signs or symptoms? Got both shoulders giving me different issues. My right is definitely the worse of the 2.

Comment

Crossbow!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                      What were your signs or symptoms? Got both shoulders giving me different issues. My right is definitely the worse of the 2.
                      Pain in certain positions I have my shoulder/arm in, fingers going numb at times, loss of strength when trying to lift things above my shoulder, pain if it is a wrong position while trying to sleep!
                      Sometimes there is pain while not doing anything, depends on what i have done while working or whatever.

Comment

Shoulder

Fractured my shoulder back in May and it’s still giving me trouble. Had some gnarly bruising too. Good luck with your recovery.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Pain in certain positions I have my shoulder/arm in, fingers going numb at times, loss of strength when trying to lift things above my shoulder, pain if it is a wrong position while trying to sleep!
                          Sometimes there is pain while not doing anything, depends on what i have done while working or whatever.
                          PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                            Fractured my shoulder back in May and it’s still giving me trouble. Had some gnarly bruising too. Good luck with your recovery.
                            WOW!!!! That looks ugly. Good luck on the recovery

Comment

I am sorry to hear this Doug.

I tore my Labrum cartilage last deer season climbing trees. I did 46 treestand sits. That is 92 times up and down a tree.

I was hurting most of December and January. I had an MRI in February. Started physical therapy in early March. I did 6 weeks of PT and it really helped. It taught me stretching and strengthening exercises that has helped me regain my range of motion. I still have some pain, but I can shoot my bow and do most everything that I had done before the injury.

Good luck. Work hard on your physical therapy and continue it at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X