Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question about supressors!

Hi,

I'm in the market for a suppressor for my new Savage desert on 6.5 creedmor.

I talked to the silencer shop folks and they recommended: Q Trash Panda and the Gunwerks 8ight. Any first hand experience with them?
    I'm also looking at the banish 30 and Sandmand S.

This will be 90% for target use on my 6.5 creed but I may used it for hunting in other rifles.

What are you trying to do with the can?
    Are you trying to get something as quiet as possible or just take the edge off without adding a bunch of length and weight? Is cost a factor at all?
    The more information you give us the more we can help advise you!

I wouldn't get a Sandman though. That line is for hard use and is full auto rated with no barrel length restrictions. So unless you have an AR15/M16 and plan on doing a ****load of mag dumps you wont really utilize what that can is made for.

I'd consider a Dead Air Nomad or Nomad L or a YHM Resonator R2 or Resonator K, or some of the Thunderbeast offerings if I were you though.

Be aware that if you go with the Q option that uses the cherry bomb mount that muzzle device is not very good at anything other than being a taper mount (which it is very good at). The blast without the suppressor on it is OBNOXIOUS and does nothing for recoil management and will kick up dirt if shooting prone on the ground. I also dont agree with the way KB at Q goes about running his business talking **** about everyone in the industry but thats just a personal thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
      Are you trying to get something as quiet as possible or just take the edge off without adding a bunch of length and weight? Is cost a factor at all?

I wouldn't get a Sandman though. That line is for hard use and is full auto rated with no barrel length restrictions. So unless you have an AR15/M16 and plan on doing a ****load of mag dumps you wont really utilize what that can is made for.

I'd consider a Dead Air Nomad or Nomad L or a YHM Resonator R2 or Resonator K, or some of the Thunderbeast offerings if I were you though.

Be aware that if you go with the Q option that uses the cherry bomb mount that muzzle device is not very good at anything other than being a taper mount (which it is very good at). The blast without the suppressor on it is OBNOXIOUS and does nothing for recoil management and will kick up dirt if shooting prone on the ground. I also dont agree with the way KB at Q goes about running his business talking **** about everyone in the industry but thats just a personal thing.
      BigJimmy hit the nail on the head with everything in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

I think the second. Taking the edge off without to much weight. I don't have an ar15, so no rapid firing/full auto required. Cost is always a consideration, but I was thinking around $1,000..
        I'll take a look at the Nomad, resonator and thuderbeasts..

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
          I think the second. Taking the edge off without to much weight. I don't have an ar15, so no rapid firing/full auto required. Cost is always a consideration, but I was thinking around $1,000..
          I'll take a look at the Nomad, resonator and thuderbeasts..

Thanks.
          Gotcha. In that case if I was you and was only going to be utilizing it on bolt guns I'd probably look for a .30 cal direct thread can with no minimum barrel lengths and a .300WM+ caliber rating (i just dont like to even have to worry). It doesn't sound like you need a QD muzzle system and would save the expense of buying a bunch of expensive muzzle devices. You also don't have to fool with installing muzzle devices on a bunch of guns with direct thread.

I'd HEAVILY consider the DA Nomad, sounds like it fits your application and parameters really well.
          Short, fairly lightweight, 1.735 OD for extra volume (quieter), Ti direct thread mount included, in your price range, actually available (LOL).

Keep in mind if you do end up going with a "K" can it wont make the gun that quiet.
          Check out the Silencer Shop YouTube channel and watch some comparison videos with headphones on to get an idea of what the cans all sound like.
          Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 06-17-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I agree with everything Jimmy said. Given my experience with the Direct Thread option, I would go with a tapered mount system. What if you buy two bolt guns and take both to the range or have 3 bolt guns and want to use the can on any of the three? I know, I get tired of threading my can onto my 7mm-08 then my 260 then my 243 and then my 308. See where I'm going? Just some thoughts.

Comment

Have a trash panda in hand and a thunder chicken in NFA jail.

The direct thread mount is really nice when going from rifle to rifle. I’ve got the Cherry Bomb on multiple guns, both bolt and ARs, and it is extremely easy to change.

Their sounds suppression seems to be as good as anyone else’s and they’re full auto rated, titanium, etc.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I order the Nomad L. Now the wait begin.

Comment

Excellent choice. You won’t be disappointed with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X