ATN Thor lt vs atn xsight 4K pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATN Thor lt vs atn xsight 4K pro

I’ve been real interested in these two lately as a entry into night hunting hogs. the atn xsight 4K pro 5x20 vs ATN ThOR lt 4x8. Both are budget optics in their own respect 799$ for the xsight and 1300$ for the Thor. Was just wondering does a 8 power thermal trump a 20 power night vision scope in yalls opinion or am I comparing apples to oranges?

following

Comment

Originally posted by Cjconner View Post
      I’ve been real interested in these two lately as a entry into night hunting hogs. the atn xsight 4K pro 5x20 vs ATN ThOR lt 4x8. Both are budget optics in their own respect 799$ for the xsight and 1300$ for the Thor. Was just wondering does a 8 power thermal trump a 20 power night vision scope in yalls opinion or am I comparing apples to oranges?
      You're comparing last Sunday's sloppy joes to burnt friend chicken. Friends don't let friends waste money on ATN.

If you want a digital NV scope: get the Sightmark Photon RT today, or wait a few months and get the Sightmark Wraith that was just announced.

If you want thermal, and you have the money, this is absolutely a better choice. The Pulsar Core RXQ30V is the best entry level scope on the market. It will stack bodies all night long.

Comment

There is an RXQ30V in the classifieds that is a good buy. $1400. Awesome thermal for the money. I’ve killed a bunch of critters with mine. Pass on the ATN and go with a Pulsar.

Comment

Wolf creek I’ll check it out and 35rem what make atn such a bad company?

Comment

The atm x sight 4k pro is on sportsmans guide for less than 600 rightnow.. I have one and it works well for hunting hogs around my feeder. I dont use it enough to justify 1500 to 2k for a night vision.

Comment

I think there were some firmware bugs that took a while to work the kinks out of that upset people early on. I have the x-sight II hd or whatever that one is, wife got it for my birthday a while back. We sit by the fire at fish camp with the lights off and drink beer and scan the mud flats behind us every beer or so. Many hogs of died because of that cheap night vision sight, furthest being about 240ish yards. I bought an upgraded IR light for it, doesn't seem to do any better than the stock light. Only problem I've had with mine is it won't do the recoil activated video for some reason, so I have to hit the record button manually if I want video. Some guys are getting the Photon sights on clearance at Academy stores right now.

Comment

Call Jason at Outdoor Legacy and talk to him---worth your time.

Comment

Will do after work dustoff. but another question I have. I always hear about the sightmark photon, to my understanding I thought sightmark as a company made lower quality scopes and such kind of like bsa?

Comment

Like others have said it’s probably best to stay away from ATN. Hit Jason up about the photons

Comment

I had an ATN NV for about 6 months. It will work as long as you understand its limitations. I could only get one or two hogs down consistently. If you are shooting at groups of hogs thermal is the ticket. Way easier to move from target to target. Pulsar just to me was all around a better image and the customer service seems better. The Core fit my budget and is leaps and bounds better than the ATNs a few friends have. I have not had issues with mine over the last year and a half but have buddies that have dealt with them and it has all been smooth. If you are wanting NV then go with the Photon. They are the better buy in my opinion.

Comment

The company is fine. Their products are just half-baked. I have had too many ATN scopes turn into paperweights to recommend them to anyone.

Will do after work dustoff. but another question I have. I always hear about the sightmark photon, to my understanding I thought sightmark as a company made lower quality scopes and such kind of like bsa?
                        The Photon, while sold in USA as a Sightmark product, is actually made by the Lithuanian company that makes Pulsar scopes. It is a rock-solid performer. I have one and love it for the money.

Comment

I have the ATN 4K 5x20 so far it does what I need done !

Comment

I have never met anyone that in the end has happy with Atn. Pulsar or sightmark

Comment

Anyone with an Atn. What size micro card is good?

Comment

Working...
                              X