Need advice on what to do with llamas on property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on what to do with llamas on property

Well this is my first time posting to Texas Bowhunter and I have only looked around a little so I am sorry if this is out of place. But I was hoping to get some advice for our property on how to manage the llamas.

I am originally from NC and made my way down here so I am still pretty new to private land(we had a ton of public land). I am also new to the world of llamas. We have a lease in central Texas(Eden area) that has llamas on it. They arnt the land owners, they arnt ours and they arnt from the guy who leases cattle on them. The land owner says they have been there since he bought the ranch probably 10 years ago. I guess they finally ****** him off enough for him to ask us to deal with them. We split the property and he just dosnt want them near his feeder anymore since they hang around there and the front part of our lease.

So what would yall do with them and can we legally just shoot them whenever or do we have to do something special for it? They do harass the feeders and are general *** holes so I dont feel too bad shooting them with a bow. But I just wanted to make sure our bases were covered before we did anything. Or if yall have a suggestion besides shooting them I am open to suggestions. Also does anyone eat llama and do you have suggestions for that? Thanks in advance.

Lol I have no advice but I'll definitely hang around for the ride! Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont have any advice either but please keep us updated. This might get really good!

Comment

Just shoot them. Then hunt coyotes over them.

Comment

Believe it or not there are some "llama rescue" outfits around that take llamas that people bought as pets and don't want them around anymore. Yours may be too wild to catch but it might be worth a try....

Comment

Don't rope them unless you want spit on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need a live trapping thread.

Comment

We need a live roping thread

Comment

Dart, hobble, load in trailer and off to the sale barn! No pics, no facebook, no trophy shots on social media!!

Comment

A friend of mine had a donkey problem and they killed them and donated them to a big cat rescue. They tied the quarters from the donkeys up in trees and let the tigers eat them. I do not remember where the big cat rescue was but there might be something like that in your area.

Comment

I’ll come shoot one. Don’t have one of those mounted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friend just showed me a video of him visiting with five. Only one would allow him to pet it. He says they were super laid back, and love carrots........

Comment

I bet they'll eat pretty good. Lol. You should at least be able to make jerky with them.

Comment

Join our mission to create a better world for llamas and alpacas.

They will come and trap them.

Comment

They will spit a wad of crap on you that Babo won't wash off. I would contact the game warden and if he has no problem with it, just shoot them.

Comment

Working...
                              X