Tundra Grill guard install - anyone do this, I have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra Grill guard install - anyone do this, I have questions

I have a 2020 tundra anf finally got around to getting a grill guard. A tough country brand.

Suposed to just bolt up. Had to cut a little plastic in the grill area...

but what I am seeing is the top brackets seem to be hitting the 2nd frame bolt. Not sure if it will tighten up after grill guard is installed on the brackets. I could grind the bottom of the bracket maybe, to make it fit.

Anyone run into this issue? felt like I had to be a contortionist to get the bottom brackets on.

Surprisingly nothing was broken by flying wrenches.

anyone experienced in this?

thanx,

Got it installed, but the top bracket looks like it will be hitting the second frame bolt. Probably have to grind it down a bit. Will see if I can geta picture of it.

Comment

Idk, but wife got me a ranch hand grille guard for my 21 Chevy and the instructions are horrible. Also shorted me on some hardware and have extra of other hardware. Would’ve expected much better out of the biggest name in grill guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya. The instructions I got were pretty skimpy. Learn by trial & error. I really like the Tough Country guards. I bit beefier than the others. I got it on prett tight and secure.

Be leaving around 3:00 A.M. tomorrow going through Johnson City, F burg and Comfort. Lotta dead bucks on the side of the road last Sunday.

Comment

Working...
        X