Leaving bows in truck when it’s hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a lot of us bring multiple bows, or at least limbs, to a shoot. What are y’all doing with the one you aren’t currently shooting? I don’t really like the idea of leaving my recurve in the hot truck when I’m shooting the longbow class, or vice versa. I’ve glued up several laminate bows, I know what too much heat can do to a glass bow. Suggestions? Do y’all think it’s okay for them as long as they’re unstrung? How hot is too hot?

Luke

You need to leave windows down. I've not had an issue with the bow, or truck security at a shoot, leaving the windows down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to have a limb redone on my take down longbow. It delaminated, nephew was using it and left it in the truck in the sun and that was in Montana where it isn't an intense heat like Texas, so there is a real danger of damage.

Comment

I’ve never really thought of this... would this apply to a compound as well??

Comment

While compound bows are put together differently they definitely need to not be in an attic, storage building or vehicle in the summer heat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I roll my windows down some and try to park in the shade if possible. I always unstrung them when leaving in the vehicle!
            Also most clubs have hangers you can leave it hanging while you shoot.

Comment

Limbs will crack or it’ll be stolen

Comment

Originally posted by Randell View Post
                Limbs will crack or it’ll be stolen

I have been shooting 3D shoots since the mid 90’s, and I have never had a limb crack or anything stolen at a trad 3D shoot!!!!!

If you use common sense, and leave the windows open, and park in the shade when that is an option, you’ll be fine.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Bisch; 06-19-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Yesterday I just left them unstrung and parked in the shade, probably take advantage of some hangers today. Security is not a concern for me, at least not anywhere I’ve been to shoot. Trad shooters seem to be an honest group, very unlikely anything would be stolen around here.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Tradhunter97 View Post
                    Thanks for the responses. Yesterday I just left them unstrung and parked in the shade, probably take advantage of some hangers today. Security is not a concern for me, at least not anywhere I’ve been to shoot. Trad shooters seem to be an honest group, very unlikely anything would be stolen around here.

Luke
                    Enjoyed shooting with you again Luke! You shot very well this morning

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      You guys are great to shoot with. Thanks for letting join up with your group.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                        Thanks, same to you! Looking forward to next time!

Comment

I plan to make it to the Austin tbot shoot next month, hopefully I’ll see some of y’all there

Comment

Working...
                          X