Steel Fab guys.....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel Fab guys.....???

I am looking for about 25 sticks of 2 1/2" 12g square tubing and none of the supply houses around here carry it or will order it. Anyone have a source within a couple hours of Longview/Tyler?

Gracias

Lots of steel on back order. No help on a source.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      I am looking for about 25 sticks of 2 1/2" 12g square tubing and none of the supply houses around here carry it or will order it. Anyone have a source within a couple hours of Longview/Tyler?

Gracias
      Tyler steel or Texas iron and steel doesn't have it? May have to go with 1/8 wall and not 12 ga? Even tho they are very close.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Tyler steel or Texas iron and steel doesn't have it?
        Forgot about Tyler Steel.. Texas Iron and Steel doesn't have it and won't order it.

Comment

May try these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Tyler steel or Texas iron and steel doesn't have it? May have to go with 1/8 wall and not 12 ga? Even tho they are very close.
            I'm needing to put 2 1/4" inside of the 2 1/2"....basically a telescoping connection........44 of them to be exact.

Comment

I'm needing to put 2 1/4" inside of the 2 1/2"....basically a telescoping connection........44 of them to be exact.
              If Tyler steel wont call Hewitt Farm supply in big sandy. Its a friend of mine that owns it he will order in steel and keeps quite a bit on hand. Hes good about ordering it if he has a order to place.

Id also check with Hootens in emory.

Comment

Forgot about Tyler Steel.. Texas Iron and Steel doesn't have it and won't order it.

What about Hootens Hardware in Emory I believe.

Comment

I don't think sq. tube comes in 12 ga. 14, 11 and 10 ga. but not 12.

Comment

I would try a 3/16” wall thickness for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      I don't think sq. tube comes in 12 ga. 14, 11 and 10 ga. but not 12.
                      I’ve never seen it or heard about it either, it’s definitely an oddball if it’s actually made. That’s the reason their not interested in ordering it I’m guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                        I’ve never seen it or heard about it either, it’s definitely an oddball if it’s actually made. That’s the reason their not interested in ordering it I’m guessing.
                        I just bought 300' of 1" 14 yesterday. They make it. A lot of the square is getting pretty hard to come by. Used 2 3/8 and 2 7/8 is getting scarce too.

Comment

Gandergitter... 14 ga, yes, but I’m like Draco, never seen any 12 ga. And I use/buy square tubing almost weekly. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                          X