Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever accidentally accepted a hunt invite on your wedding anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't screw up often! But when I do it's a big one. Several months ago I accepted an invite to an awesome combo dove and axis deer hunt for the weekend of Sept. 18th. Unfortunately for me, this is the same weekend of me and the wife's anniversary. Not only that, but we are renewing our wedding vows at the church where we got married. So I need a favor!

I don't want to screw over my hunting buddy....so if anyone wants to take my place, let me know. I can give you the address to the church and also let you borrow my tux if you're a big ol' boy. I appreciate the help.

Yes I know this is a groaner...and probably old. But I've been laughing at my wife's dirty look she gave me all night.

You ain’t right…..I was gonna suggest Sancho but Mary deserves better.

Comment

Comment

Lol. As I was reading it I was thinking the mistake was made several months ago, it’s was made a couple of decades ago.

Comment

Here ya go...

Comment

Lol now that is funny. Got married in March so not many hunting invites during that time of year.

Comment

Ahh tell her every day is an anniversary! I’ve fished quite a few of our anniversary days.

Comment

Why do you think wedding season is a spring/summer thing?

Comment

If you made the mistake months ago, she should not still be mad at you. Maybe you should try pointing that out. I am sure she will see it that way and let you off the hook, then let you go hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                    Ahh tell her every day is an anniversary! I’ve fished quite a few of our anniversary days.
                    Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                    Why do you think wedding season is a spring/summer thing?
                    Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    If you made the mistake months ago, she should not still be mad at you. Maybe you should try pointing that out. I am sure she will see it that way and let you off the hook, then let you go hunting.
                    I'm thinking y'all didn't read all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

You should go back and read the entire first post. [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by rtp; 08-25-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I’ve been on bow hunting and golfing trips on my anniversary over the years. My wife doesn’t mind. I certainly try and plan around that not happening but sometimes things just happen that way. We just celebrate before or after my trip. This year is our 35th. I may be in Montana chasing elk. TBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it this time about renewing the vows.

Comment

Face palm on some reading skills.

Old but still dang funny.

Comment

I'm still drooling over the though of an Axis / Dove hunting trip.

But taking a women out on the town for an anniversary trip is a close second place.

Pencil my name in wherever you need me .

Comment

Working...
                              X