TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sadness with Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809458)

SJP51 05-15-2021 02:18 PM

Sadness with Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Stepped out back to shoot a few this morning. Went to nock an arrow. Slid my left up into the grip and felt a CRACK!

Last year I bought this Bob Lee to play with while I worked from home during Covid. Shortly after I dry fired it (broken or loose nock) and broke the handle. That was all on me. The guys at Bob Lee did me right and made a new handle pretty quick. Even gave me a deal on the cost so I wouldn't commit suicide. Yeah, i was pretty sick about it.

I've no idea why she broke. I've babied her. Arrows are above min gpp. BH is kept about 1/8" from recommended. I've never dropped her. Never left her in the heat. Admittedly, I don't sing to her as often as I should and I've let her hear harsh words. But that's it!

I'll go see the Bob Lee gents next week and hopefully get a new handle soon.

I'm gonna need a beater to play with all summer. Off to the classifieds!

DRT 05-15-2021 02:56 PM

So are they the same limbs you had with the original riser?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SJP51 05-15-2021 03:02 PM

Yes. Same limbs.

SJP51 05-15-2021 03:04 PM

I have much older 57# Bob Lee that I can shoot. I'm good with it for 15 to 20 shots, but for accuracy and consistency I start to drop off. Too much bow.

BUT.... I think I can put the 47# limbs on the older riser and shoot it. Need to check with JJ or Rob on Monday. Till then, my wife says, "you need a bow. Get busy!" I married preety good!

DRT 05-15-2021 03:07 PM

Might be related to the dry fire. That said I've had that happen with a couple bows and never an issue. I'd think generally Bob's bows should be able to handle a DF as long as they are cared for normally otherwise.

SJP51 05-15-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 15618508)
Might be related to the dry fire. That said I've had that happen with a couple bows and never an issue. I'd think generally Bob's bows should be able to handle a DF as long as they are cared for normally otherwise.

The handle that was dry fired broke almost all the way through. This is a new handle the Bob Lee gents made for me to replace it. The "new" one is now cracked.

The BL warranty specifically excludes dry fires.

60 Deluxe 05-15-2021 03:37 PM

If they will bolt up, you can use them. I do it with Schafer Silvertips all the time.

Trumpkin 05-15-2021 05:39 PM

Ouch! That's gotta be a sickening feeling. Maybe you need to try a Widow instead? :D

I'm just here to provide all sorts of bad ideas, hahaha!

SJP51 05-15-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpkin (Post 15618661)
Ouch! That's gotta be a sickening feeling. Maybe you need to try a Widow instead? :D

I'm just here to provide all sorts of bad ideas, hahaha!

Keep 'em coming. I'm open to all kinds of ideas!

DRT 05-15-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJP51 (Post 15618527)
The handle that was dry fired broke almost all the way through. This is a new handle the Bob Lee gents made for me to replace it. The "new" one is now cracked.

The BL warranty specifically excludes dry fires.

I thought you meant a limb cracked.
I'm sorry to say but a single dry fire causing a riser to crack is BS. Bob was a well respected bowyer and I hear Rob is cut from the same mold.
Like I said I've had nocks slip off strings, it happens. There is a fine line between to tight or to loose on the fit and that leads to that occasionally occurring.
That said I would expect a limb to crack maybe but not a riser.
Then again I'm not a bowyer.

Think I'll stick with Primal Tech.

Bisch 05-15-2021 07:42 PM

Dang Steve! Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it all resolved quickly and satisfactory!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SJP51 05-16-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60 Deluxe (Post 15618530)
If they will bolt up, you can use them. I do it with Schafer Silvertips all the time.

I got the 47# liimbs bolted up to my "old" Bob Lee handle. (I like that handle better, anyway!). The Frankebow shoots great!