TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metal riser plastic grip (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807906)

hpdrifter 04-27-2021 09:16 PM

Metal riser plastic grip
 
I have purchased a 23" target style aluminum/magnesium riser and a 17" aluminum riser. Both ILF. The target riser had a ridge that runs pretty well with my life line on my hand opposite the thumb ridge making it semi flat in the area of the thumb pad of the hand. Didn't care for it much at first but I've come to like it because it promotes the proper grip pretty well.

The 17" riser grip it the traditional rounded palm swell. It had a pronounce grain embossed into it. I was considering at some point to try to emulate that ridge on the 17" riser grip.

Question is: has anybody altered one of these plastic grips? Does the grain(simulated wood) run through the plastic.

Cenizo 04-28-2021 08:05 AM

Have you taken the grip off to look at the inside?

hpdrifter 04-28-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenizo (Post 15591747)
Have you taken the grip off to look at the inside?

I took it off but that was before I had that/this idea. Suppose it might be a start.

Thanks, still wouldn't be too sure of through and through simulated grain, could be just a surface coating.

Cenizo 04-29-2021 12:53 PM

My guess is that it is just a surface coating, which the manufacturer would not put on the inside of the grip (money on something that no one would see). If you see in on the inside when you take it off, then you probably have a decent chance that it continues throughout.

RPB 04-29-2021 01:14 PM

Take the handle off and get after it with bondo making it how you want to fit your hand

hpdrifter 04-29-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenizo (Post 15594088)
My guess is that it is just a surface coating, which the manufacturer would not put on the inside of the grip (money on something that no one would see). If you see in on the inside when you take it off, then you probably have a decent chance that it continues throughout.

Took the one off of the target bow whilst I was working on something else the other night...that one was just surface. I'' check out the 17"er today.


Quote:

Originally Posted by RPB (Post 15594127)
Take the handle off and get after it with bondo making it how you want to fit your hand

Probably best choice...but will wait till new wears off I think.

Thanks all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com