TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread.. (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730551)

drop dead fred 05-01-2019 08:48 AM

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..
 
Well weíre starting to get growth and fawns hitting the ground! Suppose it time to start a new chapter! Lot of changes this year as Iíll be hunting some new property this year.. only going into the season at the moment with two deer really on the radar hoping they made it. Got a big 6 (sixy) and a big 9 (sway) so fingers crossed i can start drawing in some different deer starting in near future. 2018/19 season was a great one hoping for another repeat! Good luck everyone

Last season (cobweb)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1bcde5e359.jpg

Sway
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...16e14a614f.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easttxhunterr 05-01-2019 08:58 AM

Always my favorite thread of the yr?

AgHntr10 05-01-2019 09:04 AM

In! Ready to see what the year brings.

drop dead fred 05-01-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easttxhunterr (Post 14126470)
Always my favorite thread of the yr?



Mine as well Iím in an area with a great surrounding group at one of my second year places. High hopes to grow some good deer over the next few years


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SETXHUNT0902 05-01-2019 09:48 AM

In! Hoping for a good year

DesertDug 05-01-2019 09:49 AM

In. Fat dos ready to pop.

FLASH_OUTDOORS 05-01-2019 10:20 AM

In! In! In!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antlers86 05-01-2019 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in!!! May be a rough year for me but we will see. Since last November I have lost 13 deer due to the highway expansion. 11 of those were bucks I was watching and 4 were going to be targets this season.

Have 4 bucks showing up now with 2 being big bodies. Hoping to have a target.

Last season was a great one taking the first buck off my own place. Lots of history with him. This year's challenge is bow only either Trad Gear or new Triax!:D

drop dead fred 05-01-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antlers86 (Post 14126635)
I'm in!!! May be a rough year for me but we will see. Since last November I have lost 13 deer due to the highway expansion. 11 of those were bucks I was watching and 4 were going to be targets this season.

Have 4 bucks showing up now with 2 being big bodies. Hoping to have a target.

Last season was a great one taking the first buck off my own place. Lots of history with him. This year's challenge is bow only either Trad Gear or new Triax!:D



11 bucks [emoji1785]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHammer 05-01-2019 10:33 AM

In!

Antlers86 05-01-2019 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 14126644)
11 bucks [emoji1785]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup and this guy was the first one to go. I watched him in person multiple times in October and early November.

Was really looking forward to seeing him this season. :(

drop dead fred 05-01-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antlers86 (Post 14126687)
Yup and this guy was the first one to go. I watched him in person multiple times in October and early November.



Was really looking forward to seeing him this season. :(



Been there done that lost a great 4.5 two seasons ago to a car

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5cb07ffe6e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5179987a60.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgHntr10 05-01-2019 11:10 AM

Man Antlers 11 bucks is tough!

Tyrex750 05-01-2019 11:21 AM

Probably dont even have 11 bucks on my whole lease. Lol

Tshelly 05-01-2019 11:29 AM

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 14126505)
Mine as well Iím in an area with a great surrounding group at one of my second year places. High hopes to grow some good deer over the next few years


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



[emoji1662][emoji102]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tshelly 05-01-2019 11:31 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b25e925dbf.jpg

Newton county

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d01f23335c.jpg

Polk county

They have really started hitting the feeders hard in the last 3 weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antlers86 05-01-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrex750 (Post 14126739)
Probably dont even have 11 bucks on my whole lease. Lol

I had 31 deer on cam October 2018. 23 were bucks ranging from Nubbins to 5 yr old. Buck to doe ratio wasn't good so needed some taken but I didn't want to lose all of my mature deer. Major crossing on the highway and rut was the cause for many being hit.

My FIL killed a buck 2 properties over, I killed a 5.5 yr old, neighbors killed 1 buck and highway took 11 that I know of. Still have 4 on cam and normally have 2-3 show up mid summer. I did see a 140"s 1200 yds behind my place on a county road and really hope he wonders over before season. This was just a couple months ago. Anything can happen and if nothing mature is around I have animals lined up elsewhere to fill the freezer.

GarGuy 05-01-2019 01:31 PM

We passed a rediculous amount of 4 and 5 year olds last year. We never scored on our top 2.. I think Fiddy is still alive and will be 9.5 this year. Kicker3 dropped off the earth and im almost positive he is dead but he would be 9.5 also.

Im really looking forward to a couple that we walked last year.

Quackerbox 05-01-2019 01:52 PM

With this thread starting early I wont even be even to see it in the stand come opening day:D


We filled a couple feeders last weekend. Failed to remember protein. The woods are once wet again so its all very GREEN. Only one buck was taken off our place last year and Im sure I found sheds of the deer my dad missed and my wife shot over. "Lucky" as we've been calling him is about the only deer Im interested to see again in 2019

One of his lucky moments https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b7f8afc0f4.jpg

jds247 05-01-2019 02:11 PM

I'm hoping to hunt this year.. I'm gonna be in Colorado for the month of sept.. there is talk of moving our 90 day turnaround to October.. if that happens I'll miss all of deer season as well as the flounder run..

SaltwaterSlick 05-01-2019 02:49 PM

If the Trinity will stay in its banks, I'll give 'er another shot, but once late November thru end of December gets here, it's South Texas for me this year... That place is MLD now so I'll use my tags in East Texas if I get the chance... Could shoot deer behind the house, but just don't have the heart... :)

GLM 05-01-2019 04:42 PM

I keep my feeders running all year to lure deer to my property. Need to pull my camera cards to see who survived.

Antlers86 05-02-2019 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This gal is going to pop any day now!

Snowflake Killa 05-02-2019 01:14 PM

I'm, in one from last yearhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c59ef03581.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Katch66 05-02-2019 01:51 PM

I'm in. Hopefully I have some bucks like last year. It was a heck of a year that I doubt will be topped. Can't wait till season!

SaltwaterSlick 05-02-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa (Post 14128689)
I'm, in one from last yearhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c59ef03581.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

...so bro, what is that blood doin' "back there"? :eek: You shoot the wrong end? ;)b :D

blatallic 05-02-2019 02:00 PM

Favorite thread of the year. Have to get my feeders going soon.

Low Fence 05-02-2019 02:02 PM

I’m ready to plant as soon as rain lets up. The one I’ve named “Wonder bra” made it through the season. (As he honestly needed too.... but honestly I wouldn’t pass him either). I just happened to drive right up on his right side shed checking fence last week. A mile away on a different property (I own this one). Never seen him there before. So the quest continues as well as scouting for Lola another buck. Seen one buck bedded this morning and have several doe that look like they swallowed a barrel whole

I don’t want to reveal wonder bra until I know he’s dead. Weather by my hands or another I know is hunting him. He is worthy, I promise :D

drop dead fred 05-02-2019 02:06 PM

Still waiting for a dry spell to get some things done on one of my properties [emoji30]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowflake Killa 05-02-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick (Post 14128760)
...so bro, what is that blood doin' "back there"? :eek: You shoot the wrong end? ;)b :D

Quartering well.[emoji6]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

drop dead fred 05-02-2019 10:17 PM

Next 15 days show lots of rain! Man i need some dry weather


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LivinADream 05-02-2019 11:13 PM

I'm in. Had a rough year on a new lease. Lease is great, but getting dialed in, in a new spot, and battling loggers was rough. Also got mold or something in my old camper and couldn't stay in it without getting sick as a dog. made hunting more than a day or two at a time out of the question. I do have 3 shooters that should be a sight to see this year though. Also got a plot in at a small property I own about 10 miles from the lease.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0858dfa402.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb1f3a6d1d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6c306346a5.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

drop dead fred 05-02-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinADream (Post 14129566)
I'm in. Had a rough year on a new lease. Lease is great, but getting dialed in, in a new spot, and battling loggers was rough. Also got mold or something in my old camper and couldn't stay in it without getting sick as a dog made hunting more than a day or two at a time out of the question. I do have 3 shooters that should be a sight to see this year though. Also got a plot in at a small property I own about 10 miles from the lease.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0858dfa402.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb1f3a6d1d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6c306346a5.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk



Looks great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etxbuckman 05-03-2019 12:11 AM

We didn’t kill a single buck on our lease last year so we’re going to have a bumper crop of 4 - 6 year olds running around. I had some toads on camera and am working on getting stands better situated to get them out in daylight when I’m actually there.

marshman 05-03-2019 01:29 AM

In

Bryan11 05-03-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 14126462)
Well weíre starting to get growth and fawns hitting the ground! Suppose it time to start a new chapter! Lot of changes this year as Iíll be hunting some new property this year.. only going into the season at the moment with two deer really on the radar hoping they made it. Got a big 6 (sixy) and a big 9 (sway) so fingers crossed i can start drawing in some different deer starting in near future. 2018/19 season was a great one hoping for another repeat! Good luck everyone

Last season (cobweb)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1bcde5e359.jpg

Sway
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...16e14a614f.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recognize Cobweb, do you have a cuz named Ty?

drop dead fred 05-03-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan11 (Post 14129752)
I recognize Cobweb, do you have a cuz named Ty?



I think so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop dead fred 05-06-2019 10:21 AM

Seen a buck with some good growth! Time to start dusting off cameras!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastTexasMan 05-06-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan11 (Post 14129752)
I recognize Cobweb, do you have a cuz named Ty?

Oh there you are co-worker, see you've moved up from nubbin buck status

Snowflake Killa 05-06-2019 07:51 PM

Put a little protein out today.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b57b5be310.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2c57576439.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4676d65b24.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

d_e_smith 05-06-2019 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a dud of an Easter egg. But fuzz is growing, so thatís good.

Etxbuckman 05-06-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_e_smith (Post 14135093)
I found a dud of an Easter egg. But fuzz is growing, so thatís good.

You get out of KW before this next round of crappy weather or something?

d_e_smith 05-07-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etxbuckman (Post 14135359)
You get out of KW before this next round of crappy weather or something?

Canít, work & baseball games.

jshouse 05-07-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_e_smith (Post 14135714)
Can’t, work & baseball games.

is it ok if i join in here? i mean, i am pretty close to east texas i think...

edit: wait, did you say work?

Mexico 05-07-2019 09:57 AM

I'm in, really enjoyed this thread last year. Thanks for letting me tag along!

AgHntr10 05-07-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick (Post 14127094)
If the Trinity will stay in its banks, I'll give 'er another shot, but once late November thru end of December gets here, it's South Texas for me this year... That place is MLD now so I'll use my tags in East Texas if I get the chance... Could shoot deer behind the house, but just don't have the heart... :)

Charlie I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you didn't already know. You are about to be under water again it looks like. The river is getting close to full banks at 787, Livingston is almost 2ft high, the upper river is flooded and more rain on the horizon.

Low Fence 05-07-2019 10:07 AM

Drilling 2 plots now. And maybe dove fields. Don’t know if I’ll make it to “The Cottonmouth” today. Too many iron ore rocks and some limbs:roots still being fairly new project. Don’t want to run my equipment in it yet. I’ll plow it, but with heavy rains probable I may be best to wait till after. Not worried about stuck... just loosing the top soil

drop dead fred 05-07-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexico (Post 14135797)
I'm in, really enjoyed this thread last year. Thanks for letting me tag along!



Anytime amigo!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop dead fred 05-07-2019 10:29 AM

We got a lot of rain forecasted over the next 4-5 days


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_e_smith 05-07-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshouse (Post 14135759)
is it ok if i join in here? i mean, i am pretty close to east texas i think...

edit: wait, did you say work?

Obvious typo...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com