Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2022 Astros season thread

Let’s get it started! Should be another great season with just a few unknowns. Now that Correa is gone, can Peña be the guy? I think so, we will see. Evidently the team thinks so. Verlander coming back from Tommy John looks good so far. McCullers not yet over his injury from last year so who knows when he will be back. The rest of the team is not much different. We will be heading to spring training in a couple days for the first time. Should be lots of fun. LFG!

We lost Greinke and Correa, hopefully some of the rookies can step up and fill their space.

Comment

Been waiting on you to get this started! I have high confidence in JV returning to form and not much in Lance returning this year. Lance obviously makes the pitching staff much better but I really like the pitching staff with or without him. The offense will survive the loss of Correa I believe if Tucker continues on with what he did in the second half last year. The road to the division crown will be a bit tougher as Texas, Seattle and LAA all got better. LFG, is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 hits for Pena today 🤞

Comment

lost the pitching coach as well.....Astros will be good but who knows. Will be fun to watch.

Comment

Pena today… a bit early for him but he looks real promising.

Comment

Brantley and Alvarez with homers today. Framber and Javier looked good on the mound

Comment

I guess Correa was just tired of playing into October every year

Comment

Headed to west palm beach tomorrow evening. Should be fun, although weather don’t look that great 😳

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    Headed to west palm beach tomorrow evening. Should be fun, although weather don’t look that great 😳
                    One of these years Im going to make it over there for some games.

Comment

Billy, y'all enjoy yourselves. Tell Jodi I said hello.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        I guess Correa was just tired of playing into October every year
                        I know I was tired of hearing about him and his contract.

Comment

Looking forward to another year. Love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            Looking forward to another year. Love this thread.

Me too Tony!! Heck it was the only way I followed them last year!! Very good insights shared last year by many. Look forward to tryin' to keep up this year...

Question tho for you guys, Heard on the radio this morning that Frambar would be opening day starter... I'd have figured on Verlander... Y'all know why?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Me too Tony!! Heck it was the only way I followed them last year!! Very good insights shared last year by many. Look forward to tryin' to keep up this year...

Question tho for you guys, Heard on the radio this morning that Frambar would be opening day starter... I'd have figured on Verlander... Y'all know why?
                              Verlander is still working his way back from TJ, hasn’t quite built up his pitch count, doesn’t want to stress his arm too much too early. There is an article about it on the Astros website

Comment

Working...
                              X