West TX lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West TX lion

This was an exciting way to end my weekend at the deer lease this morning! She came in literally 5ft from my ground blind and gave me a good stare down for about a minute. As she turned to walk away, I was able to get my bow and draw on her. She stopped at a whopping 5 yards away to look back at me again!! Since she came in about 10 minutes before my feeder went off, I went ahead and sat for a couple hours before I picked up on the track. I had good blood right at poi. Then about 10ft from where I sit here, it started pouring! The grizz trick did a number on her! She ran about 40 yards and piled up. I'm not sure if I got lucky and she was just on the prowl or if I was the one being hunted. I got to the stand about 30 mins later then I should've this morning. I was only in the stand for about 20 min. She showed up right where I walk in and get into my blind. I'm not gonna lie, when I saw her pop out beside my ground blind and stare at me, i was like HOLY SH*T! I didn't know if I should stay still or reach for an arrow to defend myself lol. When she started to walk away, she was in a sneak type walk. So it makes me think that she was after something. Whether that was me or a deer, idk lol.

Awesome congratulations

I get to...

Comment

awesome shot and thats super cool, congrats!

Comment

Holy crap!

Awesome! I got chills just thinking about me being in that scenario!

Comment

Congrats, you just lived a dream of mine!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow that’s awesome.....congrats

Comment

Wow. That is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a trophy!

Comment

Been in similar situation but with a bobcat... couldn’t imagine a lion! Congrats on the kill and the story.

Comment

ML with a bow!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Holy crap!

Awesome! I got chills just thinking about me being in that scenario!
                        Man I was honestly scared for about 30 seconds lol. Then I went into, I gotta shoot this thing!! I've been telling my wife for years every, since we built out house, that I had a special wall specifically for a mountain lion. She always blew me off, like yeah right. I never expected to ever see one, much less get one with my bow! So I told her as soon as she saw it, you remember that wall..... That's where this is going! Lol

Comment

Wow! Congrats!!

Comment

Thanks guys! It still hasn't set in what happened lol. That taxi bill makes it real though [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Unreal! Congrats man.

Comment

Working...
                              X