Smoked Chuck Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chuck Roast

I had 2 chuck roast that I threw on the smoker yesterday while I was working on a boat project in my shop. I put some of my home made BBQ sauce in it and mixed it up. It makes good BBQ sandwiches but not nearly as good as a brisket does. This was my 2nd and last time smoking a chuck roast. I had read several times that it made great BBQ, so I wanted to try myself. It`s not even close if you ask me. It does make good BBQ sandwiches like I sad, but real brisket kicks it`s *****.

thx for the tip !! Make a BIG pot of beans & chunk it in !!!

Comment

ready for tacos!

Comment

I smoked a chuck roast last weekend and cubed it up to make burnt ends. I thought it turned out great especially for how cheap the roast was!

Click image for larger version

Name:	chuck1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24648592

Name:	chuck2.jpg
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	24648593

Name:	chuck3.jpg
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	24648594

Name:	chuck4.jpg
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	24648595

Name:	chuck5.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	24648596

Comment

I do these in the summer alot when we are outside by the pool. Like you said, not as good as brisket but it's always got a good taste

Comment

I agree, not as good as brisket but for the price, not bad eats. The burnt ends route I will need to give a shot soon.

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The burnt ends route is the way to go on a chuck roast, not brisket but durn good.

Comment

I have some giant roasts in the freezer from a calf we had butchered, definitely going to do the burnt ends with one of them, that looks delicious.

Comment

smoked a chuck makes a great chili meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                      I smoked a chuck roast last weekend and cubed it up to make burnt ends. I thought it turned out great especially for how cheap the roast was!

[ATTACH]1045164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045168[/ATTACH]
                      Next to last pic shows them cut up, last pic shows cooked more, details on that please, thanks

Comment

Was recently served these chuck roast nuggets rolled in bbq sauce. Call em what you like, but they don’t even come close to real deal brisket point burnt ends.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                          smoked a chuck makes a great chili meat.
                          Do you just chop it up like in the top picture? Sounds dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbridge hand View Post
                            Was recently served these chuck roast nuggets rolled in BBQ sauce. Call them what you like, but they don’t even come close to real deal brisket point burnt ends.
                            I agree. I made them the first time just to see what all of the hoopla was about , only to be disappointed. I ended up making chopped BBQ both times out of them and giving it to my grand daughter and her family for sandwiches. They thought it was really good, so I`m glad they enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by randall View Post
                              Next to last pic shows them cut up, last pic shows cooked more, details on that please, thanks
                              After I cut them up I sprinkled with brown sugar and coated with BBQ sauce. Put back on for 1 hr covered and 1 hr uncovered.

Comment

Working...
                              X