TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 College Baseball (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722051)

systemnt 02-03-2019 08:32 AM

2019 College Baseball
 
Almost time!.

Not a horn fan.. but am a Augie fan and thought this appropriate to open a new season thread for college baseball.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/02/02/te...ch-falk-field/
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7d632aa1e0.jpg

Razorback01 02-03-2019 08:38 AM

Looking forward to watching some NCAA ball.

sandbill 02-03-2019 09:30 AM

Cool bust of Augie.

Go Frogs!

Payne346 02-03-2019 09:33 AM

Cool statue of Augie. And I’m ready for some ball too, got some skin in the game this year. Sons a freshman pitcher in college.

Black Ice 02-03-2019 09:54 AM

2019 College Baseball
 
Hoping the Tigers and Horns make some noise this year at Omaha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoTXAg06 02-03-2019 09:56 AM

Gig ‘Em Ags! Looking forward to baseball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbaio1 02-03-2019 10:37 AM

RIP Coach Augie 🙏

Geaux Tigers ⚾

Grant2 02-03-2019 11:54 AM

UT lost David Hamlton at SS so that hurts a lot, but they should still have a good season. Looking forward to seeing Aggies,TCU and Tech this year as well.

Killer 02-03-2019 12:00 PM

Tech will be good for sure. The Big 12 will be better than last year I believe I am ready for spring and some B.B.
Guns Up!

Smart 02-03-2019 01:14 PM

Great first post (RIP Augie) and I cannot wait. Love me some college baseball!



Hook em Horns. Sucks we lost Hamilton but next man up!

160class 02-03-2019 02:35 PM

Can’t wait for it to get here! Looking forward to seeing how the Ags do this year!

44mAG 02-03-2019 02:39 PM

A&M isn’t expected to do much this year according to the “experts”. Pitching staff is loaded with talented lefties, and we return some good experience in the field. Will be fun to see how the season takes shape!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lanceodom 02-03-2019 02:50 PM

It's Time!!! Great post! Really do love college baseball!

Hook'em Horns!

Playa 02-03-2019 02:51 PM

Excited about the Tech offense, but apprehensive about the pitching, then again Tadlock’s never had a very suspect pitching staff, they always seem good at pitching to contact that create grounders and double plays

talltexasshoote 02-03-2019 03:09 PM

The bust is a fitting tribute. I’m very excited for Tech this year. There are no surprises anymore. Everyone is reporting on how many great players they have. If this judo pitching works out, it will be a great year.

klooney 02-03-2019 04:27 PM

What sucks is UT lost Hamilton to one of those stupid arse scooters!!

Dale Moser 02-03-2019 05:20 PM

Got tickets for two games so far, and hoping to go to Horns/Frogs in Cowtown.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByronB 02-03-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klooney (Post 13970721)
What sucks is UT lost Hamilton to one of those stupid arse scooters!!

I just heard about that last week from one of my Longhorn buddies. Hate to see that for the kid. Who is the next kid up at that position for them?

Grant2 02-03-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ByronB (Post 13970983)
I just heard about that last week from one of my Longhorn buddies. Hate to see that for the kid. Who is the next kid up at that position for them?

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8680

Dale Moser 02-11-2019 11:09 AM

4 days...

Jtweezy3 02-11-2019 11:14 AM

Hook'em! Here's to repeating as Big XII Champs!

Dale Moser 02-11-2019 11:16 AM

Just realized Texas opens on the road, anywhere to stream it?

It would really help if other programs would get a TV network so we could watch road games...

Smart 02-11-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 13986531)
Just realized Texas opens on the road, anywhere to stream it?

It would really help if other programs would get a TV network so we could watch road games...




I was coming here to ask the same thing.....hopefully something will popup later in the week. Not sure if LaTech has that capability though.

Chad C 02-11-2019 11:34 AM

My crew is ready! We may hit up one of the LSU games first weekend of March and swing by the party further East since I've never been to Nanza.


Just purchased tickets for March 22nd @ Lupton.


Hook'em

Dale Moser 02-11-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 13986559)
I was coming here to ask the same thing.....hopefully something will popup later in the week. Not sure if LaTech has that capability though.

It's ULaLa

longhorn_cop 02-11-2019 12:16 PM

Play ball!
Hook em, coach garrido

Smart 02-11-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 13986685)
It's ULaLa


Oh Thanks .....replace it and the comment still stands

lab man 02-15-2019 09:14 AM

Opening day fellas!!!

Hook’em

Heath 02-15-2019 09:23 AM

Its a beautiful day.

The road to Omaha starts today!

systemnt 02-15-2019 09:28 AM

Goin to Aggies tomorrow

Devin 02-15-2019 09:42 AM

Looking forward to this.

Smart 02-15-2019 09:44 AM

Pierce just said on the radio this weekend’s rotation will be:



Friday: Bryce Elder
Saturday: Blair Henley
Sunday: Coy Cobb



Pulled this for viewing ...

Friday's game, according to the ULaLa web site, will be televised on "Cox Sports Network". Cox Sports Television is a regional sports channel based in Metairie. If you go to their website at coxsportstv.com you can see the game on their Friday program line up. It also looks like you might be able to stream it live.



I can't find a stream live but I'm looking and will post if I find one later in the day.



Looks like there could be a live stream for Saturday and Sunday on www.ragincajuns.com. May not be free though.

Burntorange Bowhunter 02-15-2019 09:44 AM

Go Horns.

Michael 02-15-2019 09:45 AM

I'm in.

tonyt79 02-15-2019 10:01 AM

Can’t wait. My boys team is playing in Omaha this June. Gonna catch a few games while we are there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colonel_Reb 02-15-2019 10:05 AM

Every year I say that I am going to buy a plane ticket to Omaha for the CWS. It has been a wise decision for my Rebels as of late. I might just do it this year...

talltexasshoote 02-15-2019 10:09 AM

My wife and I are headed to the ballpark in Lubbock. I can't wait. We have one of the best teams I have ever seen them field on paper. We start with Oregon and have multiple top 20 teams coming to town. It should be a great year. Guns Up!

Today the wind will be blowing 20-25 to right. Pitchers have to keep the ball down to succeed. Even then there should be some rockets go out. Time for baseball. I am like a 9 year old on Christmas morning.

Dale Moser 02-15-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 13994598)
Pierce just said on the radio this weekend’s rotation will be:



Friday: Bryce Elder
Saturday: Blair Henley
Sunday: Coy Cobb



Pulled this for viewing ...

Friday's game, according to the ULaLa web site, will be televised on "Cox Sports Network". Cox Sports Television is a regional sports channel based in Metairie. If you go to their website at coxsportstv.com you can see the game on their Friday program line up. It also looks like you might be able to stream it live.



I can't find a stream live but I'm looking and will post if I find one later in the day.



Looks like there could be a live stream for Saturday and Sunday on www.ragincajuns.com. May not be free though.


Gracias! Aren't you glad you won't be setting down this evening and pulling up the LaTech baseball stream.....hmmm?:eek:

huntingjunkie 02-15-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talltexasshoote (Post 13994676)
My wife and I are headed to the ballpark in Lubbock. I can't wait. We have one of the best teams I have ever seen them field on paper. We start with Oregon and have multiple top 20 teams coming to town. It should be a great year. Guns Up!

Today the wind will be blowing 20-25 to right. Pitchers have to keep the ball down to succeed. Even then there should be some rockets go out. Time for baseball. I am like a 9 year old on Christmas morning.

Safe travels.

The freshman catcher at Tech, Cole Stilwell, is like a son of mine. He and my son have been battery mates since they were 10 years old, and played in HS together. I'll be cheering Tech on except when they play OSU, where my son is playing. Big 12 is stacked with talent. OSU opens up play tonight against UTRGV. Go Pokes!

Smart 02-15-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talltexasshoote (Post 13994676)
My wife and I are headed to the ballpark in Lubbock. I can't wait. We have one of the best teams I have ever seen them field on paper. We start with Oregon and have multiple top 20 teams coming to town. It should be a great year. Guns Up!

Today the wind will be blowing 20-25 to right. Pitchers have to keep the ball down to succeed. Even then there should be some rockets go out. Time for baseball. I am like a 9 year old on Christmas morning.




Paper Schmaper..:p... Hook Em!!

Chad C 02-15-2019 10:23 AM

Finally!

talltexasshoote 02-15-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntingjunkie (Post 13994720)
Safe travels.

The freshman catcher at Tech, Cole Stilwell, is like a son of mine. He and my son have been battery mates since they were 10 years old, and played in HS together. I'll be cheering Tech on except when they play OSU, where my son is playing. Big 12 is stacked with talent. OSU opens up play tonight against UTRGV. Go Pokes!

We are very glad to have him. A catcher that can swing the bat is something we haven't had in a few years. The coaching staff is very excited about all our catchers this year. If that position can generate .5 runs a game more that last year our metrics go through the roof. He will be hitting behind a ton of speed on the bases. It will be really fun to see how that jumps the rbi totals.

The stadium is exactly 2 miles from my house. I will be present for lots of baseball this year.

huntingjunkie 02-15-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talltexasshoote (Post 13994735)
We are very glad to have him. A catcher that can swing the bat is something we haven't had in a few years. The coaching staff is very excited about all our catchers this year. If that position can generate .5 runs a game more that last year our metrics go through the roof. He will be hitting behind a ton of speed on the bases. It will be really fun to see how that jumps the rbi totals.

The stadium is exactly 2 miles from my house. I will be present for lots of baseball this year.

He had a great fall and swung it real well, so it looks as if he'll get his shot. Ironically my son also played with Fulford on the Connie Mack team a few years back.

systemnt 02-15-2019 10:36 AM

Ag's starting out with three south paws...

Smart 02-15-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 13994689)
Gracias! Aren't you glad you won't be setting down this evening and pulling up the LaTech baseball stream.....hmmm?:eek:




Yes yes...thank you..:D

Doublea17 02-15-2019 10:42 AM

Hook'em Horns. I live in Oregon a few miles away from the Defending National Champions
These guys on the west coast know how to play some baseball (not got at football). This Beaver team is going to be hard to beat again they got pitching and the best Catcher in the nation that can rake and a good supporting team (bats) around him.

huntingjunkie 02-15-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doublea17 (Post 13994769)
Hook'em Horns. I live in Oregon a few miles away from the Defending National Champions
These guys on the west coast know how to play some baseball (not got at football). This Beaver team is going to be hard to beat again they got pitching and the best Catcher in the nation that can rake and a good supporting team (bats) around him.

He's likely the best player in the country. Oklahoma State is headed up there in early May for a 3 game series.

Doublea17 02-15-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntingjunkie (Post 13994871)
He's likely the best player in the country. Oklahoma State is headed up there in early May for a 3 game series.

That will be a good series, I will be at it. Hopefully it will be decent weather by that time.

jerp 02-15-2019 11:41 AM

Oughta be a fun year for Big 12 baseball. (5 teams in preseason top 25?) I'm hoping my Pokes get off to a better start than they did last year. Pitching staff is much healthier so that should help.

Man, I guess I really am old - there is much talk in Stillwater about this being the last season in the old stadium before moving to the new one. That "old stadium" opened in 1981 - two years after I graduated:eek::o

Heath 02-15-2019 01:19 PM

I was curious if the new stadium at OSU was going to be ready for this year or next.

Should be a fun year sending the old stadium out. I remember watching Texas and OSU pay 12-13 scoreless innings in Stillwater a few years ago. That is not a great game to watch when both teams were swinging yours companies bats. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com