Buffalo Mountain Ranch near Abilene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Mountain Ranch near Abilene

Just curious. Does this archery only high fenced place still operate? I hunted there with a friend many years ago. Based on my web search I don’t believe they are operational.

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They sell hunts still but it’s not bow only and it is a lot more expensive. They brought in new genetics.

Comment

I hunted there once many years ago. My only HF experience. Minimum was 115 inch buck with a heavy penalty if your buck didn't score 115. Regardless, it wasn't a very good hunt. I was just recalling the experience and wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
          I hunted there once many years ago. My only HF experience. Minimum was 115 inch buck with a heavy penalty if your buck didn't score 115. Regardless, it wasn't a very good hunt. I was just recalling the experience and wondered.

I was on the lease out there before it was high fenced . And hunted it the last two seasons they did the day hunts . It wasn’t near as good the 1st few years of the archery day hunts as it was the last two . You actually got to where you saw some good bucks. And was coming on good. The owner just had different ideas and messed the place up . If he would of left well enough alone it probably would still be going strong today with a lot of nice bucks at a affordable price. But he was chasing that dollar. Seems to happen a lot .

Comment

Working...
          X