TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care? (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634572)

Louis 12-01-2017 01:04 PM

Nope, he's a bum

Pkripper 12-01-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 12970564)
Aside from Tiger's distractions outside of golf, he is the greatest competitor the game has ever seen. He is something to watch when he is healthy and I will be tuned in to watch golf for the first time in a long time starting to tomorrow. Ratings for this tournament will be extremely high and there is a darn good reason for that. Whether Tiger does good or bad, it's good to see him playing again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep, and must be nice for all the haters who have never made mistakes. He's lost everything and I love a comeback.

Pkripper 12-01-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice (Post 12971505)
Tiger hasn't won a major in 9 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and still won more than just about anyone playing, even after a 9yr hiatus.

ttechdallas 12-01-2017 01:49 PM

It's still early, but Tiger just eagled to go 5 under through the first 9 holes and take top spot on the leader board at 8 under. Hate him or not, it is fun to watch him compete.

adam_p 12-01-2017 02:01 PM

If Tiger shoots low 60s today the anti tiger folks will still say "well it is just an 18 person field" like the other hundred players in a normal tournament would have been playing goalie.

sling shot 12-01-2017 02:03 PM

Tiger leading now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ttechdallas 12-01-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_p (Post 12976151)
If Tiger shoots low 60s today the anti tiger folks will still say "well it is just an 18 person field" like the other hundred players in a normal tournament would have been playing goalie.

Yes. I believe everyone in the field is currently ranked within the top 30 golfers in the world. Except for Tiger. Oh the irony.

bullets13 12-01-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_p (Post 12976151)

accurate.

jer_james 12-01-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 12976188)
Yes. I believe everyone in the field is currently ranked within the top 30 golfers in the world. Except for Tiger. Oh the irony.

It's Tiger's tournament - He gave himself the exemption.

ttechdallas 12-01-2017 02:46 PM

Oh I get that. I was speaking to the irony of him hanging with world top 30 golfers while many say he's done. He's probably well outside the top 500 world rankings. Yet, he is playing some very competitive golf after being out a long time.

adam_p 12-01-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 12976298)
Oh I get that. I was speaking to the irony of him hanging with world top 30 golfers while many say he's done. He's probably well outside the top 500 world rankings. Yet, he is playing some very competitive golf after being out a long time.

He's ranked 1199

cookemerkel 12-01-2017 03:16 PM

So after 400 post have we reached an answer on if anybody cares?

Chad C 12-01-2017 03:25 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...09469383fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rack Ranch 12-01-2017 03:25 PM

Good day gone bad, to many mistakes, just leaving to much out on the course. He should have a 3 shot lead. Go Jordon!!

Fishndude 12-01-2017 03:34 PM

Kick life’s Arse Tiger. I’ve ****ed up before. Hope none of y’all have.

txoutdoorsman24 12-01-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishndude (Post 12976491)
Kick lifeís Arse Tiger. Iíve ****ed up before. Hope none of yíall have.

Great post. Hope he comes back with a vengeance

Rack Ranch 12-01-2017 03:48 PM

There is no doubt, we all have, and hopefully learned from it. When people don't, it's usually their pride or ego that keeps them from it. I was so disappointed to see Tiger loosing his temper and dropping F bombs and using the Lords name in vein on camera still...A come back with humility would be easier to accept.
Quote:

Texas8point 12-01-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookemerkel (Post 12975840)
The equipment is irrelevant. All the pros are using the best available equipment at the time. Whether its a persimmon wood driver or the newest Taylormade. Wins are what matter and Tiger has a ton of them. I am not saying Tiger will ever be close to what he was 10 or 15 years ago. But to rule him out completely seems crazy. Hell Jack won his last major at 46? I think Tiger could find lightning in a bottle..

Also I don't think DD won 11 tournaments in 1 year. But the year he made it to #1 in the world was great.

Iím going by memory here but DD won 11 tournaments in a 12 to 15 month period, the end of 97 to the beginning of 99.
I know he won at least 20 or 21 tournaments world wide.
Equipment is very relevant when comparing then and now which is what you did.
Tiger was leaps and bounds better than his field but thatís where the comparison should end.
Iím headed south to hunt for a week, so youíll have to enjoy this thread without me.
:)

Brute Killer 12-01-2017 05:26 PM

I was glad to see him actually get through around and post a good number.

ghostgoblin22 12-01-2017 05:29 PM

Lmao at the haters , theyíll talk **** but will without a doubt watch tiger play, check and see what he scored and will keep up with him going forward
With that swing he can win again and win a lot, hasnít looked that fluid/loose/confident since 2013

Hobbs 12-01-2017 05:42 PM

Tiger played the best golf I have ever seen anyone play. I'm not going to compare him to Jack because Jack played in a different era with different equipment so it wouldn't be fair to either of them. I'm not a huge fan of Tiger in fact when he was on some of his greatest runs I would root against him. I just didn't want to believe a person could play at that level consistently. I am hoping he becomes competitive again because it will help the golf industry which has been struggling for years. The PGA Tour is doing great but public golf courses are closing down all over the country. There are some great young players that make avid golf fans watch every week but Tiger moves the needle. He gets people to play that haven't played or haven't played in a long time.

cookemerkel 12-01-2017 11:53 PM

I really donít get the Iím not gonna compare Tiger to the old guys because they are using different equipment. He is still demolishing the competition in the same way and in many times more than Jack and others ever did. Whatís the difference? How is it incomparable?

snappertapper 12-02-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rack Ranch (Post 12976528)
There is no doubt, we all have, and hopefully learned from it. When people don't, it's usually their pride or ego that keeps them from it. I was so disappointed to see Tiger loosing his temper and dropping F bombs and using the Lords name in vein on camera still...A come back with humility would be easier to accept.

Lords name in vein and f bombs? Have you ever played golf?

spikebuck 12-02-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

This is what I think.

talleywack97 12-02-2017 09:19 AM

I dont care how big they make drivers or materials that are used. You still gotta put a good swing on it. And most these guys irons are blades, same basic forged idea for 50 yrs. Im not buyin the equipment thing. Courses back 30 yrs ago were shorter. At any rate, go TIGER. man is lookin solid

oktx 12-02-2017 09:25 AM

Go Tiger!

HoustonR6ryda 12-02-2017 06:36 PM

thing is

Quote:

;)b Golf was boring until Tiger Woods came along.

Hobbs 12-02-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookemerkel (Post 12977796)
I really donít get the Iím not gonna compare Tiger to the old guys because they are using different equipment. He is still demolishing the competition in the same way and in many times more than Jack and others ever did. Whatís the difference? How is it incomparable?

The ball is the biggest difference in today's game vs the 70s-80s. Goes farther and spins less which puts a lot less emphasis on ball striking. Also the "older guys" were hitting 5 irons into par 4s that today's pros are hitting short irons. It makes a huge difference but Jack and Tiger are the two greatest to ever play however you want to rank them.

FriscoAg 12-02-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookemerkel (Post 12976435)

11,000 views of people who don't care! lol :D

Rack Ranch 12-04-2017 10:13 AM

I think it's pretty obvious the golf world cares a great deal, he did great this week and looks like he is on his way to making a comeback. When I started this thread I was just sick and tired of all the Tiger talk when we have so many great young golfers. As mentioned, I hope he comes back with a lot more humility than before. So far, I can see changes in his overall attitude and he seems to have a greater appreciation for the game and those around him. I think the fact that these younger stars have taken him into their click has been a great help to him, making him feel like he's loved and wanted around the club house. We will see what the future holds for him, but if he starts to win again I hope he has a better overall attitude toward those around him. It would be nice to see him and Phil go head to head one Sunday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cookemerkel (Post 12976435)

Abcdj 12-04-2017 10:56 AM

The younger players owe Tiger all the respect in the world. He brought the game of golf back to life for all ages and races when it had gone downhill. When he plays they ALL benefit from it whether he plays well or not. He makes the PGA money.

In his prime he played fewer tournaments then you would think. Need to check his tournaments started versus tournaments won during his prime. He won when he was supposed to win! That might be the most difficult thing to do in any sport.

He will never come back to his prime playing abilities. Age and life get in the way of those things for every person on the planet. I hope he comes back and stays healthy, enjoys being with the other players, fans and appreciates the game.

MacDaddy67 12-04-2017 11:39 AM

Tiger played well, definitely had some rust in his game. But made some good shots and put on a good score and a pretty easy course.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he got a top 10 at Augusta in April. He plays that course so well.

Ricky Fowler was insane yesterday- shot a 61 but really could have shot 57 or 58

bossbowman 12-04-2017 12:39 PM

Apparently they do, ratings were through the roof...

dauphlp 12-04-2017 12:47 PM

The PGA cares.... he doubled their revenue and it's been going back down now that he's gone. Their looking for another hero.

txoutdoorsman24 03-09-2018 11:03 AM

Huh... How's Tiger doing today ;)

OrangeBlood 03-09-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 (Post 13240030)
Huh... How's Tiger doing today ;)

He's back!!!!

tradtiger 03-09-2018 11:12 AM

Leading.

Golf Channel apoplectic.

Go Tiger!

TeamAmerica 03-09-2018 11:26 AM

Watching Phil win last week was AWESOME! Man, I would love an old fashion veteran show down at the Masters with Phil, Tiger, Sergio on top of their game. Would love to see Jordan get his groove back as well - he has been a bit outta sorts (which is the big difference between him and Tiger, look at missed cuts, rounds over par, consistency, etc.).

Hoss163 03-09-2018 11:34 AM

You know if he wins this it’s all you will here in sports for months ! But a lot of people haven’t tee off yet today so will see how he stands at the end of the day . I still believe there will never be another dominant player like him in golf !

docmay 03-09-2018 11:34 AM

I think he made some bad choices and I don’t care anymore. I like watching him hit golf shots. I watched a little replay last night. That scramble recovery shot out of the trees with his hands hitting the trees and losing the club was pretty ballsy. That 5 iron fade to with a foot or so on the par 3 was fantastic. Yes, he was trash in his personal life but at one time he could intimidate everyone with his play. Used to be fun to watch even when you hated him.