TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events - Politics and Such (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address? (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720805)

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 12:34 PM

Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

What is her reason behind it? Well what is she telling the public her reason is? Can she keep the POTUS from giving the address?

Puggy625 01-23-2019 12:36 PM

She's a Dim, and it's Trump. Need anymore explanation?

Man 01-23-2019 12:38 PM

She is scared people will agree with Trump

"Build the wall and crime will fall"

Hoggslayer 01-23-2019 12:40 PM

She doesn't want him to give the address because it would put the democratic party in a bad light. Trump would have the momentum going into negotiations. That's the real reason.

JLivi1224 01-23-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoggslayer (Post 13946606)
She doesn't want him to give the address because it would put the democratic party in a bad light. Trump would have the momentum going into negotiations. That's the real reason.

Nailed it.

stickerpatch59 01-23-2019 12:44 PM

I don't think she can stop him from giving one, can she? :confused:

Shane 01-23-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 (Post 13946620)

No. But she doesn't want to have to sit behind him on live national TV while he makes the case for protecting the border to the American people.

Man 01-23-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

She can ask nicely...thats about it.

Lynn21 01-23-2019 01:12 PM

Because she’s an ignorant moron.

Walker 01-23-2019 01:16 PM

If you guys havent figured it out in 2 years I will put it in simple terms. If Trump says up, Dems say down. If Trump says left, Dems say right. And its not going to change.

jer_james 01-23-2019 01:33 PM

I don't understand it either - just a political pandering show starring that ridiculous woman.

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 01:47 PM

Well I've heard reports of Trump giving the address from the Senate or the White House instead of addressing all the members of Congress, as is the tradition.

Does Pelosi have the key to the front door, and is refusing to let anyone in or what? I understand she hates the POTUS, but can she really force him to give the SOTU address somewhere else?

We all know Democrats hate Trump. Y'all can save those obvious comments.

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 01:59 PM

What can she legally do?

rtp 01-23-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntlerCollector (Post 13946776)
Well I've heard reports of Trump giving the address from the Senate or the White House instead of addressing all the members of Congress, as is the tradition.

Does Pelosi have the key to the front door, and is refusing to let anyone in or what? I understand she hates the POTUS, but can she really force him to give the SOTU address somewhere else?

We all know Democrats hate Trump. Y'all can save those obvious comments.

The President isnt allowed in the House unless invited, so yes as Speaker she can keep him out. The Senate could invite him to address them or he can give the SOTU anywhere he chooses.

batmaninja 01-23-2019 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really think it is because they dont want to show Ruthie dead on national TV.

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 13946833)
The President isnt allowed in the House unless invited, so yes as Speaker she can keep him out. The Senate could invite him to address them or he can give the SOTU anywhere he chooses.

Thanks. That's what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure. I've heard her say he needed to postpone the address for security reasons. That was when he was leaving the Country for 10 days. The POTUS changed her plans :)

I'm curious what her reasoning will be now if she still refused to allow him to give the address. It would be nice if she would just say she hates his guts and doesn't want him anywhere near Washington.

muzzlebrake 01-23-2019 02:57 PM

She had already given him an invitation prior to her asking that he postpone. Whether or not she can rescind I don't know.

muzzlebrake 01-23-2019 02:59 PM

Well, it looks like she has in fact rescinded.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-union-address

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 03:00 PM

She just announced the President is not invited as long as the Government is shutdown

BigWes 01-23-2019 03:12 PM

My understanding is that it's not so much that she is rescinding the invitation as the fact that there has to be a joint resolution from both chambers to let him give the address there in front of all of them. Therefore even if the Senate passes a resolution to have him speak, she can refuse to bring the House resolution to the floor to even be voted on.

Russ79 01-23-2019 03:17 PM

Shane nailed it.

AntlerCollector 01-23-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 13946629)
No. But she doesn't want to have to sit behind him on live national TV while he makes the case for protecting the border to the American people.

That's gonna be quality tv watching!

JonBoy 01-23-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Actually, contrary to the opinions above, she can.

The President can enter the Capitol building without permission, and according to the 115th Congress' rules (the 116th Congress' rules haven't been read in yet), the Speaker is unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the POTUS access to the Hall of the House. So Trump can enter the House without an invite.

That's where it stops. The House is governed by parliamentary procedure, and without express permission from Pelosi, Trump cannot start giving a speech in the House without violating procedure.

Now, if he were to persist and speak out of order, we would have an interesting Constitutional dilemma at hand, because theoretically, the two Sergeant at Arms (both House and Senate) are the only people to have the Constitutional authority to physically detain a sitting President. That should play REAL well with the Secret Service.

kck 01-23-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonBoy (Post 13947154)
Actually, contrary to the opinions above, she can.

The President can enter the Capitol building without permission, and according to the 115th Congress' rules (the 116th Congress' rules haven't been read in yet), the Speaker is unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the POTUS access to the Hall of the House. So Trump can enter the House without an invite.

That's where it stops. The House is governed by parliamentary procedure, and without express permission from Pelosi, Trump cannot start giving a speech in the House without violating procedure.

Now, if he were to persist and speak out of order, we would have an interesting Constitutional dilemma at hand, because theoretically, the two Sergeant at Arms (both House and Senate) are the only people to have the Constitutional authority to physically detain a sitting President. That should play REAL well with the Secret Service.

These procedures I did not know about but, holy ****, can you imagine?! :D

brokeno 01-23-2019 04:57 PM

Because she is a sinile idiot

flywise 01-23-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batmaninja (Post 13946840)
I really think it is because they dont want to show Ruthie dead on national TV.

:);)b

Playa 01-23-2019 10:25 PM

It’s all theater, and nothing more. Mark my words. The government will no longer be shut down, the wall partially funded and DACA extended and the A S S & the pachyderm will parade their “victory” on national tv. None of them will forfeit that much tv exposure.

ttaxidermy 01-23-2019 10:34 PM

Because of this.. She doesn't want Trump to have the national spot because she is scared..
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac0a569067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man 01-23-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playa (Post 13947966)
It’s all theater, and nothing more. Mark my words. The government will no longer be shut down, the wall partially funded and DACA extended and the A S S & the pachyderm will parade their “victory” on national tv. None of them will forfeit that much tv exposure.

Words marked.

Killer 01-24-2019 12:52 AM

Trump announced that he would delay the state of the union speak until after the government shut down was over. This was reported on FOX tonight

MacDaddy67 01-24-2019 08:10 AM

They simply cannot afford to let let Trump have any win...its all about 2020...
Its not about a wall, security, crime...2020

I think the majority of Americans see right through this, especially independents

Ironman 01-24-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 (Post 13948356)
They simply cannot afford to let let Trump have any win...its all about 2020...
Its not about a wall, security, crime...2020

I think the majority of Americans see right through this, especially independents

This exactly.

muzzlebrake 01-24-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 13948179)
Trump announced that he would delay the state of the union speak until after the government shut down was over. This was reported on FOX tonight

Smart move. Now the shut down is squarely on the backs of the democrats. Check.

BigYoung 01-24-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 13947998)
Because of this.. She doesn't want Trump to have the national spot because she is scared..
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac0a569067.jpg

Love this!

AntlerCollector 01-24-2019 10:09 AM

I wonder who government workers who are not getting paid will vote for in the next election

The media puts the blame squarely on Trump

Man 01-24-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntlerCollector (Post 13948652)
I wonder who government workers who are not getting paid will vote for in the next election

Trump

muzzlebrake 01-24-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntlerCollector (Post 13948652)

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...-be-fake-false
https://deadline.com/2018/06/fake-ne...te-1202414504/

Looks like most folks don't trust what the MSM puts out. Most will see the truth.

Shane 01-24-2019 03:02 PM

I can't believe he caved. He should uphold his Constitutionally-required duty to provide a SOTU report. He should make the case for protecting the border directly to the American people. Doing all of that would reinforce the fact that the Dems are responsible for the failure to get a budget passed and reopen the government. Caving just looks like he's ceding power to Pelosi. Wrong move.

Playa 01-24-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 13949513)
I can't believe he caved. He should uphold his Constitutionally-required duty to provide a SOTU report. He should make the case for protecting the border directly to the American people. Doing all of that would reinforce the fact that the Dems are responsible for the failure to get a budget passed and reopen the government. Caving just looks like he's ceding power to Pelosi. Wrong move.

He is only obligated, constitutionally speaking, to occasionally give a state of the union address. And even then he can write a letter and send it to congress, it’s not required to be a big **** prime time special carried on all the major networks.

I still think it’s all for show. I think come next Tuesday we have an agreement and the the sotu goes on.

Playa 01-24-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonBoy (Post 13947154)

You mean the secret service who are currently protecting him and not getting paid to do so? They might not move an inch to stop the Sarge at arms, depends on how desperate they are to get paid again. Surely Donald is smart enough to “take care” of his personal protectors.

ttaxidermy 01-24-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 13949513)

Unfortunatley he has caved over and over and over. The wall went from 2,000 miles of CONCRETE down to 580 miles of FENCE and now I'm hearing it's down to less than 300 miles of "fence"... Not near what I voted for..
The poor guy is playing against a stacked deck on both sides.. He won't get much accomplished. The deep state is not going to let him..

But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York..:mad: And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...

ttaxidermy 01-24-2019 04:08 PM

Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

And watch them celebrate and let that sink in.. Pure EVIL.. It's sickening..
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...the-super-bowl

Shane 01-24-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 13949558)
Unfortunatley he has caved over and over and over. The wall went from 2,000 miles of CONCRETE down to 580 miles of FENCE and now I'm hearing it's down to less than 300 miles of "fence"... Not near what I voted for..
The poor guy is playing against a stacked deck on both sides.. He won't get much accomplished. The deep state is not going to let him..

But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York..:mad: And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...

Yes sir. Lots of evil in this world.

Trump has done more good things than I expected him to, so I'm happy overall. I still don't like his style of getting those things done. His ego-centric brashness (being kind) is unnecessary. But at least he's doing some good things. He's definitely caved on lots of things too. I expected him to do more of that. So at least I've been surprised on the positive side. Still hate to see it when he caves though.

ttaxidermy 01-24-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 13949739)
Yes sir. Lots of evil in this world.

Trump has done more good things than I expected him to, so I'm happy overall. I still don't like his style of getting those things done. His ego-centric brashness (being kind) is unnecessary. But at least he's doing some good things. He's definitely caved on lots of things too. I expected him to do more of that. So at least I've been surprised on the positive side. Still hate to see it when he caves though.

Yes the Supreme Court was a major accomplishment.. And I have to keep reminding myself how bad off we would be if the other side had won...
Thank GOD for Donald Trump!!!

Man 01-24-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Yeah that one came outta left field? I am pro-choice....but 9 months?

ttaxidermy 01-24-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man (Post 13949848)
Yeah that one came outta left field? I am pro-choice....but 9 months?

Your situation is a perfect example of why a person has to stand firm in what you believe... Not being so can lead a person into waters they themselves are not comfortable with... If we give the liberal left of today an inch on anything they will take a mile.. They have no boundaries or moral compass.... Be careful...'

Man 01-24-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttaxidermy (Post 13949883)
Your situation is a perfect example of why a person has to stand firm in what you believe... Not being so can lead a person into waters they themselves are not comfortable with... If we give the liberal left of today an inch on anything they will take a mile.. They have no boundaries or moral compass.... Be careful...'

I agree.

Playa 01-24-2019 05:44 PM

And just like that they are starting to “work things out.” Trump says now a large down payment on the wall will suffice, and Donna Brazile says Pelosi is working on a counter offer...

donpablo 01-24-2019 06:03 PM

I wonder if you asked BP agents how the $ being requested for the wall would best be used to secure our borders what they would say (if increased pay was off the table of course :) ). I'm going to see the in-laws this weekend and a whole lot of them are active or retired BP. I'll report back.

stickerpatch59 01-24-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

yeah, it's ok to kill a baby right before it's to be born; but immoral to have the death penalty for a serial killer and such. :confused:

WTH is wrong with these people???