Best Crossbow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Crossbow ?

What do you guys recommend for a good quality crossbow ??
    I fully understand you get what you pay for but I’m sure many of you have gone through the process of buying and and using different bows.
    What would suggest for best bow yet affordable ?
    Definitely don’t want junk and then have to sell and buy again

Thanks !!!

Check out the CenterPoint Amped 415. It's a reasonably priced crossbow that outperforms a lot of the really high end/ expensive ones- according to the reviews and articles I have read. It's one that I want to buy here soon

Comment

My wife shoots the Horton reverse limbs. Nice but very expensive. I have a ten point that I paid for 599 for my son to use. It shoots great. I’ve used it and like it.

Comment

Ten point makes a great crossbow, they aren’t cheap but they are well made and perform flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ten Point is releasing a new one in the Wicked Ridge line. Under 6 lb., reverse limbs, 370 FPS. Less than $700. Just saw an ad today. Tomorrow I won’t remember it.....

Comment

Not an expert by any means but I played with quite a few and bought a Mission Sub One and don’t regret it at all

Comment

Get a center point sniper 370. Great crossbow for under $300. Daughter and grandson both have one and they love them. Good quality crossbows that perform as good as the higher end ones but won't break the bank or let you down

Comment

I am new to crossbow and researched as I always overdo. I ended up with a 10 Point. It is very comfortable for me at 5'10". The stock length needs to be considered. Most felt too short. Love my Titan Extreme but it is 7 + lbs and front heavy so long walks are not pleasant. I put a sling but that is not much use if I want to make a quick shot. I bought "like new" with some extras. Otherwise I might have gone CenterPoint. Heard a lot of good about them. If used, be sure string and cable is fresh. I do use the sling with the arm wrap position to do some major stabilizing. The Ten Point scope seems very good quality which is also very important. Still learning. I also would put comfort as a priority, not just speed and power (and cost? some low cost bows are very acceptable I hear?). My slightly older model speed is only 315 optimum. Very little drop (1/2" TO 1" for an added 10 yards from 20 yard zero point) so very flat flight. It is fairly quiet for a crossbow. I trust accuracy 100%. One review on a paricular rig. Enjoy!

Comment

Got my wife a PSE Fang 350 on clearance from Academy for 199. It’s fast, quiet and very accurate. So far so good.

Comment

Excalibur has been a good one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Excalibur has been a good one for me.
                      This is what I have. Matrix 380

Comment

Excalibur all the way I have the matrix 380 and a new compact 308 there great bows.

Comment

Centerpoint Sniper 370. Best bow for the money

Comment

I've had 2 TenPoints, both were great in every way. Plenty of really good bows out there now days. If I were buying again, my list of brands would be short - TenPoint, Excalibur and Ravin

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                              I've had 2 TenPoints, both were great in every way. Plenty of really good bows out there now days. If I were buying again, my list of brands would be short - TenPoint, Excalibur and Ravin
                              I like your comment and list...agree haven't had RAVIN but its on my top 3 list...

and if you in box bind ; width cocked and uncocked become a Major Factor unless you got a really big blind..
                              Last edited by cva34; 12-24-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X