Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Here we go boys and girls, ladies and gents. You know the drill. Second year in a row with great rain fall when it was needed. Should be another good year to look at some critters. We cover a large area so everyone join in!
    We are going out this weekend to get a few things fixed, kick the feeders off and start the tacticams. We strategically wait till it is 103 before working!

Have a GREAT year and be safe!

It’s HOT out there, can guarantee that! I’ll be curious to see how much the broomweed is a problem when I get there Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer are FAT and racks are lookin good! Ready for it to cool down and get in a stand!

Comment

Checked in and following. Ranch is green and bucks look great. Should be a great year!

Comment

Moved a feeder and tripod to a new location Tuesday and cleared fire lanes. Filled feeders. At the price of corn this year I’m going to turn my feeders down. I ain’t gonna lie, it was a tad warm. Glad sunsethunter came and helped me.
          Still building on a tank blind but don’t know if I’ll get it done in time. I’m having shoulder surgery next Thursday. Tore the rotator cuff muscle completely off the bone. This is going to be an interesting season.

Comment

my place is green, deer are fat. does n bucks have been hammering protien feeders all year, I'm done with protien this year n I'm afraid to look at my bill. warm season plots have never been better n the deer have been happy with them. tanks are so full I don't think dove will want to get a drink in the weeds. this should be a very good hunting season

Comment

All our ponds are full as well. Animals look good. Hope to get up next weekend to do some shredding to get ready for winter plots. First year on the ranch so excited to see what is moving. Have had feeders going for about a month

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                Deer are FAT and racks are lookin good! Ready for it to cool down and get in a stand!

Nice, X2 on the fat and nice racks. Good looking deer, hope they come by your stand and you get to show us some real “up close” pics this fall.

Comment

Is Hall county considered Middle of North Texas area?

Comment

It was a hot weekend but not too bad. One of the window units on the cabin started going out but it limped along.

Got a few things fixed up, feeders filled up and have some decent bucks on camera. It’s shaping up to be a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      Is Hall county considered Middle of North Texas area?
                      Sure, join in!

Comment

Well, we got all the feeders filled and running. Several batrees, coupla motors. DO NOT PUT PROTEIN in a bucees feeder. Clogged up 2 of them and burned up the motors. 3 solor panels.
                        Got both tacticams up and had bucks in at sundown the first night.
                        Mowed the grass, sprayed everything dead, threw away abuch of krap.
                        Three weeks ago we had high winds in the area. One of our guys went out and said no damage. Well he didnt go in the way back. We had a tornado cut across the NW corner of our place. It took out 3 telephone poles. It took out 3 feeders. 1 unrepairable. 1 tower blind were blown over. 1 box on a tower was blown off and demolished. 1 Heavy wooden bow blind on the ground was picked up and thrown 40 yards and demolished. Another of my round hay bale blinds was picked up and landed in some mesquites about 450 yards from were it was.
                        It was a busy weekend. It was cool today with a little rain.
                        Pretty cloud pic!
                        Attached Files

Comment

That’s a scary cloud. Look like a mushroom cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            That’s a scary cloud. Look like a mushroom cloud.
                            Yes sir ir was. The picture did it no justice.

For you guys looking. Corn was $9.40 a #50 at Kerrs feed in Henrietta.

Comment

Anyone been able to find rice bran pellets? I can’t find it anywhere.

Cheapest corn I found was $8.99 for 50lbs. Everything else was $9.99+.

Comment

Working...
                              X