TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   College Football Summer Ramp Up... (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814044)

Michael 07-08-2021 05:39 PM

College Football Summer Ramp Up...
 
New thread. ;)b

manwitaplan 07-08-2021 05:40 PM

And here we go!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop dead fred 07-08-2021 05:51 PM

Noice!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burntorange Bowhunter 07-08-2021 06:14 PM

Updated FPI from ESPN.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d3646e1797.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Michael 07-08-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter (Post 15693609)
Updated FPI from ESPN.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d3646e1797.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Why can't I get behind Iowa State being a "legit" contender?

OU is seemingly building a monster, and I suppose it's pretty wide open between TCU, tu, OSU and ISU after that. (Any of them can definitely play "spoiler") but I actually feel like the Longhorns might be the only team with talent and depth to potentially contend for any form of championship...if everything falls into place.

Smart 07-08-2021 07:05 PM

In to let Brock and PinOak keep me updated on my Horns..:)

doghouse 07-08-2021 07:08 PM

Hook' Em Horns!

waterdog 07-08-2021 07:08 PM

57 days

150class 07-08-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 15693661)
Why can't I get behind Iowa State being a "legit" contender?

OU is seemingly building a monster, and I suppose it's pretty wide open between TCU, tu, OSU and ISU after that. (Any of them can definitely play "spoiler") but I actually feel like the Longhorns might be the only team with talent and depth to potentially contend for any form of championship...if everything falls into place.

I didnít realize, until this week, they have a two headed monster with the QB and RB (possible H candidates apparently).



Excited for the AGís this year

BrandonA 07-08-2021 07:24 PM

OU is going to be a monster barring injury. TCU, Iowa and OsU are playing for 2nd

oktx 07-08-2021 07:30 PM

OU might be pretty good…again.

Brock Middlebrook 07-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 15693662)
In to let Brock and PinOak keep me updated on my Horns..:)


https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...441aafd8d4.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passthrough 07-08-2021 07:33 PM

Don’t y’all think Ags too high with new QB? I expect Sips to contend quick with Sark….if not….he’s a bust in Horn faithful eyes….and Yes I realize Horns have new QB as well!

BrandonA 07-08-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passthrough (Post 15693692)
Don’t y’all think Ags too high with new QB? I expect Sips to contend quick with Sark….if not….he’s a bust in Horn faithful eyes….and Yes I realize Horns have new QB as well!

I think Sark is a good coach/offensive coordinator but you have to attribute some of that success to the talent depth of Bama. Hell the they had 4-5 stars 2 deep at every position and the greatest coach of all time at the Helm. His HC stint at Washington and USC wasn’t all that impressive

Rubi513 07-08-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693688)
OU might be pretty goodÖagain.

Or overrated...again.

oktx 07-08-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi513 (Post 15693714)
Or overrated...again.

Speaking of overrated. horn is the most overrated of all timeÖ

Rubi513 07-08-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693721)
Speaking of overrated. horn is the most overrated of all timeÖ

And ou canít win without Texas...

Heath 07-08-2021 07:58 PM

It will be here before we know it. Iím looking forward to kicking off the Sark era.

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 15693661)
Why can't I get behind Iowa State being a "legit" contender?



OU is seemingly building a monster, and I suppose it's pretty wide open between TCU, tu, OSU and ISU after that. (Any of them can definitely play "spoiler") but I actually feel like the Longhorns might be the only team with talent and depth to potentially contend for any form of championship...if everything falls into place.



Iím not sold on pump fake Purdy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oktx 07-08-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi513 (Post 15693728)
And ou canít win without Texas...

LOL! What ever eases the pain! Itís timeÖ

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook (Post 15693691)



I mean, itís hard to argue that over the last 10 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693745)
LOL! What ever eases the pain! Itís timeÖ



The rattlesnake is going to torch the Big 12


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burntorange Bowhunter 07-08-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693748)
The rattlesnake is going to torch the Big 12


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cornsnake.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Burntorange Bowhunter 07-08-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 15693661)
Why can't I get behind Iowa State being a "legit" contender?



OU is seemingly building a monster, and I suppose it's pretty wide open between TCU, tu, OSU and ISU after that. (Any of them can definitely play "spoiler") but I actually feel like the Longhorns might be the only team with talent and depth to potentially contend for any form of championship...if everything falls into place.

They have been pretty good. They return 20 starters I think. They beat OU the first time last year. Beat Oregon by 17 in a NY6 bowl.

Meh. Texas needs to beat them. They should have last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oktx 07-08-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693748)
The rattlesnake is going to torch the Big 12


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe. I donít work myself into a lather, depending on kids.

Burntorange Bowhunter 07-08-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonA (Post 15693683)
OU is going to be a monster barring injury. TCU, Iowa and OsU are playing for 2nd

[emoji1787][emoji38][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:25 PM

Texas opener returns all their production. I figure Iíll hunt more this year than normal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693776)
Maybe. I donít work myself into a lather, depending on kids.



That sounds nasty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrandonA 07-08-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter (Post 15693796)
[emoji1787][emoji38][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Billy I donít know what to think of Texas. More is going on there than just new coaches. I think the culture of UT and Austin has changed so much itís just different. Also most first year head coaches struggle

oktx 07-08-2021 08:35 PM

BoB does this every year. 11 years running talkin **** on a CFB thread. Why are you here?

Aggiehunter08 07-08-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passthrough (Post 15693692)
Donít yíall think Ags too high with new QB? I expect Sips to contend quick with SarkÖ.if notÖ.heís a bust in Horn faithful eyesÖ.and Yes I realize Horns have new QB as well!

King gonna make us forget Mond!

oktx 07-08-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693824)
That sounds nasty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Google it. It will help the other city folk.

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693845)
Google it. It will help the other city folk.



Hell, Iím more country than Wise county folk. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

c3products20 07-08-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonA (Post 15693832)
Billy I donít know what to think of Texas. More is going on there than just new coaches. I think the culture of UT and Austin has changed so much itís just different. Also most first year head coaches struggle

Are you referring to all the sparkle fairies and BLM protesters at UT? Might have a hard time getting schools to commit to bringing their own police escort with them since there won't be many police left in Austin if the Libs have their way!!

oktx 07-08-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693847)
Hell, Iím more country than Wise county folk. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iím not from Wise County! LOL!

oktx 07-08-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3products20 (Post 15693848)
Are you referring to all the sparkle fairies and BLM protesters at UT? Might have a hard time getting schools to commit to bringing their own police escort with them since there won't be many police left in Austin if the Libs have their way!!

Sparkle fairies! LOL!

BrandonA 07-08-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3products20 (Post 15693848)
Are you referring to all the sparkle fairies and BLM protesters at UT? Might have a hard time getting schools to commit to bringing their own police escort with them since there won't be many police left in Austin if the Libs have their way!!

To certain extent and all the Tent cities and trash in downtown. If I had a son/daughter being recruited I wouldnít even consider going to that liberal crap hole. It has to have an effect

BrandonA 07-08-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693837)
BoB does this every year. 11 years running talkin **** on a CFB thread. Why are you here?

BoB is good people and a hoot to have a beer with. Donít seem him often but enjoy the fellowship when I do. He is just a delusional smack talking fan and we give each other a hard time

Rubi513 07-08-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693851)
I’m not from Wise County! LOL!

We figured that, but you left that ****hole as fast as you could! :D

Pin Oak DXT 07-08-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 15693662)
In to let Brock and PinOak keep me updated on my Horns..:)


You can count on it Smart! [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oktx 07-08-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi513 (Post 15693867)
We figured that, but you left that ****hole as fast as you could! :D

Says the Blue state boyÖ.

oktx 07-08-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonA (Post 15693862)
BoB is good people and a hoot to have a beer with. Donít seem him often but enjoy the fellowship when I do. He is just a delusional smack talking fan and we give each other a hard time

Heís got you fooled.

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693851)
Iím not from Wise County! LOL!



Nor I from the city


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:57 PM

College Football Summer Ramp Up...
 
Sadly, weíre seeing the same homeless issues and lawlessness in Fort Worth. Its fairly purple around here these days. Itís a much bigger issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chad C 07-08-2021 08:59 PM

College Football Summer Ramp Up...
 
So, who are the final four? Too soon?

BrandonA 07-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693888)
Sadly, weíre seeing the same homeless issues in lawlessness in Fort Worth. Itís a much bigger issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has to have a recruiting issue. Hell last TCU football game we went to my truck got stolen and 6-12 cars got broken into. And we were blocks away from campus

Rubi513 07-08-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktx (Post 15693870)
Says the Blue state boy….

Lol! Not yet! But it’s getting that way because you yanks are moving in...
I will probably retire in said ****hole

Smart 07-09-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook (Post 15693691)


I see yíall have created an ironic answer to this Ö[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c1a12f3dc1.jpg

Bayouboy 07-09-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad C (Post 15693894)
So, who are the final four? Too soon?

The norm.
Buckeye
Tide
Clemson
Sooner

c3products20 07-09-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 15694165)
I see yíall have created an ironic answer to this Ö[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c1a12f3dc1.jpg

You forgot to take the tracks through to January at the Orange bowl where the 4th ranked Aggies(9-1) smashed the Tar Heels 41 to 27.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com