TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   any good disfunctional family christmas stories (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568831)

Grndchecker 01-01-2020 01:12 PM

Too much to write and some details I shouldn't put in words. Christmas eve is usually at my MIL's that lives right next to my wife and I. This year I hope was the last one. I have bit my tongue till it bleeds and have no more cheeks to turn. The situation has been brewing for a while mainly because I know to keep my comments, responses, and temper at bay to keep the peace for my wife's sake.
My MIL and metro sexual BIL (married to wife's sister) made me so mad this year I got up halfway through dinner and left without saying a word. I walked back to my house and made myself a strong drink and sat outside.
My wife came and found me 30 minutes later and told me she had just finished trying to set them straight and told them how lucky they were that I left the way I did. They are the type that will not and may not even know how to apologize. I have not said a word to my MIL since that day and she has not stepped foot in my house since that happened which is strange. She usually barges in 5-10 times a day.
I will never go to Christmas or even Thanksgiving there again.

twistedmidnite 01-01-2020 04:06 PM

My mom is 60 and dad is 67. My older brother is 41 and still lives at home with them. He's a habitual thief and meth head. He steals my parents blind and they feed him money to the point that they can't pay bills. My brother has only been out for a year after doing a stretch in Huntsville for stealing mom and dad's neighbors car and totalling it out. They knew it was him because they found my mom's stolen cell phone still in he car.

I have three niece's two of which are currently pregnant. One got knocked up while cheating on her husband of 1 year and the other dropped out of college to get pregnant with a bi racial kid who's daddy doesn't have a job.

All of this leads up to my wife,son and I spending Christmas at our home alone. It was great for us but my parents hated it. Apparently I should just keep my mouth shut and forget about my morals.

sweetinlow660 01-01-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grndchecker (Post 14612446)
Too much to write and some details I shouldn't put in words. Christmas eve is usually at my MIL's that lives right next to my wife and I. This year I hope was the last one. I have bit my tongue till it bleeds and have no more cheeks to turn. The situation has been brewing for a while mainly because I know to keep my comments, responses, and temper at bay to keep the peace for my wife's sake.
My MIL and metro sexual BIL (married to wife's sister) made me so mad this year I got up halfway through dinner and left without saying a word. I walked back to my house and made myself a strong drink and sat outside.
My wife came and found me 30 minutes later and told me she had just finished trying to set them straight and told them how lucky they were that I left the way I did. They are the type that will not and may not even know how to apologize. I have not said a word to my MIL since that day and she has not stepped foot in my house since that happened which is strange. She usually barges in 5-10 times a day.

Cmon can's leave us hanging like that.

story telling version of "pics or it didn't happen" lol

TX CHICKEN 01-01-2020 05:27 PM

I have a good one. Got to “meet” my 2 new cousins this year....brother and sister who are now both transgender. At least my aunt and uncle still have a “boy” and a “girl”. The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.

rut-ro 01-01-2020 08:27 PM

I’ll have to add one in a bit

Acameron52 01-01-2020 09:03 PM

Man, y’all make my family look like a bunch of saints!!

SoTXAg06 01-01-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN (Post 14612997)
The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.

Huh??? Wouldn’t that still be a girl dating a guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveC 01-02-2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN (Post 14612997)
I have a good one. Got to “meet” my 2 new cousins this year....brother and sister who are now both transgender. At least my aunt and uncle still have a “boy” and a “girl”. The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.

Dang that makes my head hurt trying to figure it out....

TX CHICKEN 01-02-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 (Post 14613744)

Exactly why it’s so screwed up. I feel bad for my aunt and uncle having to deal with this crap.

Bullseye07 01-02-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedmidnite (Post 14612799)
My mom is 60 and dad is 67. My older brother is 41 and still lives at home with them. He's a habitual thief and meth head. He steals my parents blind and they feed him money to the point that they can't pay bills. My brother has only been out for a year after doing a stretch in Huntsville for stealing mom and dad's neighbors car and totalling it out. They knew it was him because they found my mom's stolen cell phone still in he car.

I have three niece's two of which are currently pregnant. One got knocked up while cheating on her husband of 1 year and the other dropped out of college to get pregnant with a bi racial kid who's daddy doesn't have a job.

All of this leads up to my wife,son and I spending Christmas at our home alone. It was great for us but my parents hated it. Apparently I should just keep my mouth shut and forget about my morals.

I agree that’s some messed up stuff, but what’s the kid being biracial have to do with anything??

Jspradley 01-02-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye07 (Post 14614457)
I agree that’s some messed up stuff, but what’s the kid being biracial have to do with anything??

Do you really need to ask and do you expect a fully honest answer? lol

Bullseye07 01-02-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jspradley (Post 14614636)

No and no lol.

Not everyone pays attention though

Jspradley 01-02-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye07 (Post 14614696)
No and no lol.

Not everyone pays attention though

;)b

The way I see it, if someone won't support a young kid in their family no matter how different they are or what might be wrong with them then they are the kind of person who deserves to be the subject of one of the stories in this thread.

Bullseye07 01-02-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jspradley (Post 14614721)
;)b

The way I see it, if someone won't support a young kid in their family no matter how different they are or what might be wrong with them then they are the kind of person who deserves to be the subject of one of the stories in this thread.

Yep. Pretty messed up when kids have to pay for the “sins” of the parents, whether real or not.

150class 01-02-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jspradley (Post 14614636)

what he said unfortunately ^^^^^

Grndchecker- Waiting for a update with more details :)

Christmas was smooth for us this year so nothing to add unfortunately

TxDispatcher 01-02-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedmidnite (Post 14612799)
All of this leads up to my wife,son and I spending Christmas at our home alone. It was great for us but my parents hated it.

Have your folks over to your place with your family ;)b that way you set the boundaries that keep the idiots away :D

My number 1 rule was no sister and her moron husband :D I told my mother several years ago that I was done having my sister and her idiot husband and their foul mouthed kids ruin get-togethers for me and my family.

She made one comment the next year as the holidays approached about how she wasn't going to be able to enjoy Christmas with all of her grandkids at the same time, and I politely told her that if she had put her foot down to my sister and the idiot years ago, and not let it get to the place where they felt like they could be jackwagons to everyone with no repercussions, she would still be able to enjoy Christmas with all the grandkids at one time. I was barely able to stomach being around that idiot twice a year at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

The last few years have been a pleasure to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my mom without dealing with the village idiot ruining it for everyone else :D

Grndchecker 01-02-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetinlow660 (Post 14612926)
Cmon can's leave us hanging like that.

story telling version of "pics or it didn't happen" lol

I would have to type a long story to give history. I'm not innocent and can take some of the blame because those two start off every visit with two strikes.
I will say that it's very frustrating living next door with only women around because I try to take care of too many things by myself as far as mowing, fence upkeep, and Mr. Fixit on household things I know how to do. I work a lot of hours and most of my days off are spent doing things for her and at home. I took this on when my FIL passed away to help out. It has crossed the line to being taken advantage of sometimes, especially the guilt trips when I go hunting. My wife goes with me.
Then super son in law shows up once every 6 months and moves a piece of furniture or sends his "crew" over to fix something and he's the greatest. Just really bothers me.
The both of them ganged up on me on Christmas Eve with ridicule and making fun of my bad back and knees. That was the last straw.

Chew 01-02-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grndchecker (Post 14612446)

Good for you. Life's too short. We have christmas at our house every year now and there are certain relatives that are not invited. If anyone asks why ol' such and such isn't there, I simply say, "Christmas is a time for peace and joy". They can read into it how they want.

CEO 01-02-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 (Post 14613744)

The "gay" friend just found his ticket out of the friend zone. Well played sir...well played.

twistedmidnite 01-02-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jspradley (Post 14614721)
;)b

Do you have the pink fuzzy hair like the other trolls do?

Jspradley 01-03-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedmidnite (Post 14615615)
Do you have the pink fuzzy hair like the other trolls do?

Nah, I'm not as fashionable.

jmeghunts 11-18-2020 08:02 AM

Well boys the holidays are upon us. One more week to Turkey Day and it's time to dig into your archives and pull out your best dysfunctional family holiday stories. Don't let us down and don't hold back...after all, nobody here really knows who you are so be brutally honest!

Txfshrmn 11-18-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brute Killer (Post 10909604)
Disfunction is behind us. I suggest y'all do the same and ride off from it. It's not worth keeping.

Amen to this...

Hoggslayer 11-18-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmeghunts (Post 15259958)
Well boys the holidays are upon us. One more week to Turkey Day and it's time to dig into your archives and pull out your best dysfunctional family holiday stories. Don't let us down and don't hold back...after all, nobody here really knows who you are so be brutally honest!

I should have a good story in the making this year. My gay, interracially married, democrat sister-in-laws from Cali will be coming to Christmas this year. I'm thinking of greeting them with a Trump flag in the yard. :D

Chew 11-18-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoggslayer (Post 15260148)
I should have a good story in the making this year. My gay, interracially married, democrat sister-in-laws from Cali will be coming to Christmas this year. I'm thinking of greeting them with a Trump flag in the yard. :D

Has potential. Set up trail cams please.

JHT 11-18-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoggslayer (Post 15260148)

Burn/smoke wood the entire time they are here.
Get some fireworks too.

Cali folk are real nervous around open flames/fire & tired of smelling smoke for three months.

Make them feel at home.

RR 314 11-18-2020 10:54 AM

I saw Lt. Col. Frank Slade put a Ranger choke hold on some Nancy who worked for Snowflake Sugar at Thanksgiving dinner once--Randy deserved it. :-)

Hoggslayer 11-18-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHT (Post 15260445)
Get some fireworks too.

Cali folk are real nervous around open flames/fire & tired of smelling smoke for three months.

Make them feel at home.

As soon as they see the Trump flag, the fireworks are soon to fallow. :D

Truth is, my FIL and Mother are more likely to cause trouble. They are like oil and water, with gas floating on top of that. She can't stand him and he pushes her buttons like a fat kid playing a video game.

JHT 11-18-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoggslayer (Post 15260533)
As soon as they see the Trump flag, the fireworks are soon to fallow. :D

Truth is, my FIL and Mother are more likely to cause trouble. They are like oil and water, with gas floating on top of that. She can't stand him and he pushes her buttons like a fat kid playing a video game.

It's best when you get to sit back and watch. Solid plan already in effect.

:D:D:D

Are the Cali gang staying at your house?

Hoggslayer 11-18-2020 12:18 PM

If they do, I'm taking my boat and heading to the lake for the week. I might just do that anyway.

kurt68 11-18-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Get some fireworks too.

Make them feel at home.

I'm sorry I laughed at this. :D

Throwin Darts 11-18-2020 01:40 PM

one of the best threads on tbh

hoythunter02 11-18-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RR 314 (Post 15260512)
I saw Lt. Col. Frank Slade put a Ranger choke hold on some Nancy who worked for Snowflake Sugar at Thanksgiving dinner once--Randy deserved it. :-)

Greatness....my all time favorite movie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

88 Bound 11-18-2020 01:50 PM

I have some but they don't hold a candle to the crap I've read here so...….bump :)

Big Lee 11-18-2020 02:13 PM

Looking forward the cousin eddy stories.

hero_moneybags 11-18-2020 02:30 PM

I still want to know what happened to Harry_Reed

smokeless 11-18-2020 04:41 PM

Our holiday get togethers are nothing, compared to some of these. I hate drama.

meltingfeather 11-18-2020 04:45 PM

Well mom got drunk, and dad got drunk...

Shu 11-18-2020 07:52 PM

Some great reading here

WItoTX 11-19-2020 06:24 AM

Quote:

Get some fireworks too.

Make them feel at home.

Thanks cold...I got a good laugh though:D