Trapping inside high fence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping inside high fence?

Does anyone trap inside high fences for coyotes? We have axis deer fawns an does that are getting whacked by coyotes... But we don't want to catch the deer... any tricks to target coyotes and not deer... thx! Scott

Buy a foxpro and call them.

Comment

snares

Comment

im going to try the foxpro. thx!

Comment

Snares along the high fence. I'm up to 42 yotes this year. I get 120 at a time from The Snare Shop. It costs about $1.50 per snare. Way cheaper then feed stores.

Comment

I run commercial trapping operation, and get a lot of referrals from the county extension agent. You might try the one in your county.

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
              Does anyone trap inside high fences for coyotes? We have axis deer fawns an does that are getting whacked by coyotes... But we don't want to catch the deer... any tricks to target coyotes and not deer... thx! Scott
              Where are you located?

Comment

hi guys thx for all the comments i am located in livingston parish louisiana. thx!

Comment

I’d gander a box trap or hog trap made out of page fence, using red meat should work catch them and coons ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hire local trapper within your county.

Snares, FoxPro and get after them!

Comment

Snares and foot traps work well for us and have never caught a deer in them. Up to 30 in the past 2 years at our place.

Comment

coyotes

Buddy and I kill the heck out of them with Thermals and calling!!!

Comment

A combination of snares and steel traps set heavy will do wonders. Snare the fence slides and run steel on the edge of the roads and intersections were the coyotes are traveling. I’ve caught sheep in a foot hold but deer will usually pull out right away. Calling will usually get one or two right off but then you don’t get anything but an educated coyote.

Comment

Find you a trapper.

Comment

Snares. The best time to set them is right before a rain. You have to be relentless on them or you're spinning your wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X