Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to docs to treat a wart on my finger, then this happened….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to docs to treat a wart on my finger, then this happened….

So, I’ve had this wart growing from under my index finger that don’t look like a wart at all. For 12 years, I thought it was a callous.

Last year, I saw the dermatologist to have it treated. Wart cream and liquid nitrogen did nothing for it. Then, the docs tried injecting this type of yeast which completely killed it in two weeks.

Well, a month or so ago, I noticed it was coming back. I went back to the dermatologist and this time, he saved all the dead skin off, injected the yeast, and froze it with liquid nitrogen. Except he acted like a fireman putting out a fire with that bottle…..

About an hour afterwards, my finger swelled so much, I couldn’t bend it. Felt as if it could burst open if I moved it wrong.

Then, it started getting red and my hand begin to swell. Pain went from my finger to under my armpit.

My fingernail started to turn blue. That when the pain really kicked in.

It was darn near unbearable. I checked myself to one of those drive-thru ER’s. They gave me morphine and sent me to the bigger hospital. That ordeal took about 3 hrs.

At the main hospital, I was met by an orthopedic surgeon who said they’re gonna amputate the top because it became necrotic. No way, it it just happened. Pain worsen. Morphine didn’t help so they moved me to dilaudid. That knocked the edge off.

Long story short, some docs said I’ll lose my fingers. Others said I’ll be ok. It’s starting to heal, so that’s a plus.

Anyway, here’s a time lapse of my frostbit finger:

After the dermatologist froze it:

An hour after treatment:

A hour hours later that evening:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s at the ER, around 9PM:

Next morning at the ER:

Here’s how it looked after two nights in the ER:

Comment

I think I’m in the clear as far as keeping my finger. Swelling is slowly coming down and pain doesn’t require meds. The only thing that sucks is now I’m detoxing from the strong pain meds which has me getting up changing my clothes in the middle of the night due to night sweats. It’s pretty bad.

Here’s what it looks like now:

Comment

Dang that’s terrible

Comment

Holy ****!!!

I had a wart on my thumb that they froze and it’s coming back, I think I’ll just live with it!

Comment

WTH - I think I would have words with the finger doc

Comment

Dang Leon

Hope they don't amputate it

Bet that wart don't come back though

Comment

Holy crap man. That’s your booger picking finger.

Seriously Get well soon

Comment

Holy moly……that’s looks painful

Comment

Wow, what an ordeal. Praying for full recovery.

Comment

WOW, that looks bad and painful. Hope you don't lose part of it.

Comment

The name of that first doctors office would be Jakes Big ol Building if he did that crap to me. You should look into some medical malpractice

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Holy ****!!!

I had a wart on my thumb that they froze and it’s coming back, I think I’ll just live with it!
                          Try one of these.
                          1st one drop of acid. I used a drop of muriatic I use on my
                          Pool. Put drop on it and cover with a band aid. It will disappear in a week or two and never come back.
                          Or I cover with new skin liquid bandage for several days, maybe weeks and same result

Comment

Dam!
                            Hope it gets better Leon.

Comment

Dang Leon! Ouch, looks painful. Heal up man, that’s ur trigger finger!

Comment

Working...
                              X