84 D100 Father/Son Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 D100 Father/Son Project

My son showed and interest in the first gen dodges so we found a nice little '84 short wide that will be his first ride. We've got 2 years to get it together, so bare with us and our time frame. Got pretty lucky and bought the truck right. 318 auto that runs and drives. AC even works. Put a 4/6 drop and a set of 18' wheels off of a late model ford cobra. Little stereo set up and we're good to cruise for a little bit. Bumpers, trim and replacing all lights coming next.

I want to do a late model Hemi swap, but i keep getting my arm twisted by others to put a 12V in it. Time will tell.

Pics coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool trucks. I had same year and short bed 4x4 in HS. I dropped a 440 mag in it and lift. It would smoke tires and grab hard 2nd gear scratch too.

I bought a few yokes and drive shafts lol.
      Last edited by Spearchunker; 07-16-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Cool truck ! I vote on the 12 valve as well.

Comment

Nice ride, just leave the ram head on the hood what ever you decide.

Comment

Looks like he has washed it up shiney!

Comment

Nice truck. I vote 392 hemi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I vote a 12v!! Can't beat mechanical!

Comment

Looks like you found a good one to start with I vote keep the 318 great engine and with a little help makes plenty of horse power for a young man

Comment

That is cool! I drive by a similar one in black for sale when going out to my parents house.

What would you have to do to the front suspension to get it ready to swap in a 1100lb engine where a 550lb engine came out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                      That is cool! I drive by a similar one in black for sale when going out to my parents house.

What would you have to do to the front suspension to get it ready to swap in a 1100lb engine where a 550lb engine came out of?

That's by biggest question. There's a local place up here that does great work. That's on the list for questions to answer. Part of the reason that swap concerns me but it'd be a sweet ride and get unreal fuel mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                        Nice ride, just leave the ram head on the hood what ever you decide.

It's not going anywhere! Going to get it chromed so it stands out even more.

Comment

This would be going out of the Dodge family but for cost you cant beat swapping a Chevy LS motor. The aftermarket is so expansive for swapping these into anything and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            This would be going out of the Dodge family but for cost you cant beat swapping a Chevy LS motor. The aftermarket is so expansive for swapping these into anything and everything.

That is a great point. Plus, LS swaps are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

HEMI swap all the way.... Modern hemi/tranny is the way to go. Diesel swaps are getting old to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X