Learning guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning guitar

What is the best app or way that you guys that play guitar have learned from?

And yes deer season needs to hurry up, lol.

Following

Comment

For me it was a tuning app on my phone and YouTube. Watching tutorials as well as artists themselves live and copying them once I got better.

Comment

Also following.

Comment

YouTube. Tons and tons of tutorials on there for beginners.

Only pointer I have for someone starting out is to learn the G, C and D chords before anything else. You can play about 500 country songs with just those 3 chords.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Only pointer I have for someone starting out is to learn the G, C and D chords before anything else. You can play about 500 country songs with just those 3 chords.

agreed. country songs are simple and most can be played with those chords

Comment

Following...

Comment

I saw an ad for ‘guitar lessons-fender play’ and it is reviewed extremely well but only free 14 days then you get billed. Trying to go the free route with so many things on YouTube and other places just need a some direction in the right place. Been wanting to learn for so long but finally wanting to get serious about it.

Comment

As a self taught guitarist, here are my tips for you. Try not to go too cheap on equipment. Just like hunting equipment , you get what you pay for. Like mentioned above youtube has helped me a lot also.

Here are the basics. Get a tuner to make sure your guitar is in tune. Learn how to tune your guitar with your tuner. Learn major chords first and practice moving from chord to chord so your fingers will get faster moving from chord to chord. Practice strumming patterns while you do this. Next move on to minor chords, then you can move forward with fancy chords and scales. Finally practice practice practice. STICK WITH IT AND DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. It will not happen over night.

Learn the chords like I said so you can play along with songs. This will help you stick with it cuz its fun once you start playing along with songs. Of course there's more but that is the best advice I can give you for now. Good luck to you. You can do it!

Comment

Country Song Teacher on Youtube and the Ultimate Guitar app/website is how I got started.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                      As a self taught guitarist, here are my tips for you. Try not to go too cheap on equipment. Just like hunting equipment , you get what you pay for. Like mentioned above youtube has helped me a lot also.

Here are the basics. Get a tuner to make sure your guitar is in tune. Learn how to tune your guitar with your tuner. Learn major chords first and practice moving from chord to chord so your fingers will get faster moving from chord to chord. Practice strumming patterns while you do this. Next move on to minor chords, then you can move forward with fancy chords and scales. Finally practice practice practice. STICK WITH IT AND DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. It will not happen over night.

Learn the chords like I said so you can play along with songs. This will help you stick with it cuz its fun once you start playing along with songs. Of course there's more but that is the best advice I can give you for now. Good luck to you. You can do it!
                      I got discouraged within a month and quit lol

Comment

My son started playing a couple of years ago. He took a total of 4 lessons. Taught himself everything else off of youtube. He would learn to play what he liked. If he had been forced to go to lessons he would have probably quit. Learn what you like. The names of the chord, scales etc will come later. By learning to play the songs off of tabs, you will learn cords and scales. You just wont know what they are called. I'd post a video of him but it appears to be too large. The kid rocks.

Comment

Best piece of advice I can give you, other than practice, is buy a guitar stand and keep your guitar in the living room where you have to walk by it daily. If you put it back in the case, before you know it the case is stored under the bed or in the closet.

Learn some basic chords, as noted G, C, D is a good place to start. Practice the fingering of the chords and switching between them on a daily basis and you'll be playing the Battle of New Orleans before you know it.

Good luck on your journey,

Hogboy

Comment

Ivan Max. Breaks it down to itty bitty bites. Teaches every little aspect of guitar playing. Electric and acoustic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Agreed but throw in an Em (Eminor) 2 fingers easy and is the minor chord for that key.

Comment

Working...
                              X